Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,998 times)

Keg

Keg

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 14, 2012, 08:51:45 AM
Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I got it pre owned and saved about £8, after finding out that there were no penalties for buying it pre owned, and by god, it's good, so far I'd not only say that it's on par with the other Uncharted games in the traditional ways (i.e. story) but the additional elements that are vita specific, (touch screen puzzles, touch screen traversal, motion control aiming) and new things that are specific to Golden Abyss but there's no reason that they couldn't be in the PS3 version (photographs, multiple treasure/item sets and types, bounties, trading with other players) make this game much more varied than the PS3 games, and also getting an in-game treasure map for a mere 79p from the store made it so much easier to find treasures, but not flawless, since it doesn't spell out exactly how and when to get each treasure like watching youtube clips or reading a premium guide does, (like i did for the first 2 Uncharteds and the 3rd one respectively), just a vague location.

Wow, just wow,

and Thanks keg for the trade on near! :D

What? We've traded on Near? I dont even know how it works haha? Yeah all of the extras in this game make it so much more replayable than the others instead of just hunting for trophies.  Looking for rubbings and piecing together puzzles is alot of fun and keeps it fresh. The only thing I dont like is when you replay a level all of the puzzles are solved which is a shame because if youre just replaying it for the fun of it, it takes you out of the story when theyre already done. They could have at least set it up so that any of the puzzles / rubbings etc that are part of the story need doing everytime you play and all of the extra stuff (non story related) remains solved. Early examples in the game are when you need to use the dial on the gate to unlock it and make rubbings of the four carvings on the bridge, if you've already done those parts and you replay them, the gate wont need unlocking and the rubbings are already completed. I suppose if I wanted to experience the story properly and replay the touchscreen stuff i'll just make another save seperate from my main one and play it from scratch.

Sure it doesnt have the insane set pieces of 2 and 3 but theres plenty of cool little moments littered through the game just like the first game. The ending is pretty damn good as well and I did not see the twist coming at all, but just like the first game if you paid attention during the games cutscenes you will notice little things that give away the catch with the treasure. Come on its Uncharted, there's always a catch.

Quote from: Keg on Mar 14, 2012, 12:48:18 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 14, 2012, 08:51:45 AM

and Thanks keg for the trade on near! :D

What? We've traded on Near? I dont even know how it works haha?

apparently we did! I don't really know how it works either, so it's probably mostly automatic.

Just found out I won a Pro-Am Festival DLC code for Motorstorm RC on Twitter, so I might have a go on that tonight before tucking back into U:GA.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Red Dead Redemption

When me and my group of friends play, we're the scourge of humanity. We f**k up everyone's shit. Last night some guys formed a posse specifically to battle us. After a long ass fight they ran away and left the game, leaving us free to torment the good players of Red Dead once more.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Finally, finally beat RE 4 on Professional. Now I'm f**king everyone up with the A.L.R. laser ;D 8)

r888

r888

Quote from: King Rathalos on Mar 14, 2012, 12:32:39 PM
Quote from: r888 on Mar 14, 2012, 06:26:13 AM
Quote from: King Rathalos on Mar 14, 2012, 02:24:32 AM
Resident Evil Revelations

Almost done with hell mode, almost done with hell mode, almost done with hell mode. :'(

Is that a good game or crap?

It's better than RE 5, both story wise and gameplay wise.

sweet I checking this out

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Red Dead Redemption

I'm now level 37 in prestige #1.

Right when I spawned into free roam I died outside of the big Mexican fort with all the cannons. I managed to get my horse and retreat. Then I looked at my map to see what's up. Everyone is in one of the only two posses and both of them are fighting for control of the fort. I was killed by the defenders so I joined the attackers and turned around to the fight with my American Standardbred.

I charged and charged towards the fort across the open field as the cannons blasted my buddies around me, as I did I killed 4 enemies while charging horseback (one of them I ran over), then I got off at the broken wall and hopped over into the fort. That is even when I f**ked them up single handedly then my buddies charged in and we manned the guns and took over. When they ran away we got on our horses and chased them down and f**ked them up some more.

The enemy started disbanding by leaving their posse and going else where or just leaving the game. Knowing we had won that war I decided to leave the posse and just do some gang hideout busting alone for the rest of my session.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Really cool. I'm an Hardcore RDR (And all R* games actually) fan too but I don't have the Live to play MP. I hope one day I will. Free Roam in Single mode is fun too. I have a 154 000$ reward on my head in the US side.

Lie

Lie

Mass Effect 3 online it's the one game I just had to play online before finishing story... Seeing a Banshee kinda spoiled the game for me, but I'm still intrigued by it.

Terx2

Terx2

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on Vita. Downloaded the two extra characters Jill and Shuma-Gorath. My ultimate team so far is Iron man, Ryu and Nova.

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

I am playing saints row:The third, MW3

Vakarian

Vakarian

Now that I am done with Mass Effect 3's campaign, Im going to focus on the multiplayer.

Might hit up some BF3 soon and some GOW3.

Keg

Keg

Just finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss for a second time. This time I took the time to hunt out every secret. So much more fun than just looking for treasures in the main series. Alot of the rubbings are very well hidden and half the time I found them by accident. There's alot more incentive to go hunting for all the extras too because they reveal extra insights into some of the characters and the history and backstory of the events the game is based around.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: Pred-man201 on Mar 16, 2012, 08:34:06 AM
I am playing saints row:The third

For me, the most shitty game of 2011.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 16, 2012, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: Pred-man201 on Mar 16, 2012, 08:34:06 AM
I am playing saints row:The third

For me, the most shitty game of 2011.

That game was fun as hell

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed