I lol'd

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 20, 2011, 09:51:03 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 20, 2011, 02:40:00 AM
Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 20, 2011, 01:34:41 AM
Duke Nukem Forever Online

Why am I still playing this? :laugh:

People still play it online? I found the online play to be really fun but I have not played my copy since July. There is no reason to release the DLC so late.

As a matter of fact it seems more people play online now. Back in June-July barely anyone played. Now I'm getting into matches whenever I want.

Probably because people are bored and playing it to kill time until better games are released next month.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 20, 2011, 02:20:32 AM
BioShock 2

Fun game, so far. Not as good as the first, but pretty good nonetheless. I was a little worried, because I'd heard a lot of bad reviews about it from fans of the original.

Ignore them. Theyre just butthurt its not as good as the first but to be fair the first game is so damn good that the sequel is still brilliant even though it comes nowhere near the greatness of the first. It does get better as the game goes on, and I thought the endings were heartbreaking. The DLC is also very, very good with its own little self contained story within Rapture.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What's lacking from the 2nd game? I haven't played it yet but I plan on doing so at some point.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The story doesn't have quite as much oomph to it (though it's still streaks ahead of most gaming plots).

Gameplay wise, however, it's an improvement over the original.

Keg

Keg

The story basically lacks that massive game changing mind f**k of a plot twist that the first game had 2/3rds of the way through. But i think it actually packs a more emotional punch than the first game and as TJ said the gameplay is improved. I actually find it more fun to play through the second game.

I'd definately recommend the single player DLC. If you take your time with it and explore like you would in the main game it can give you 3 hours of a brand new, stand alone story, that occurs parallel to the main game and its got a great twist at the end (while it might be a little obvious to some it still shocked me). If the DLC is the final farewell to Rapture (seeing as the new Bioshock has taken to the skies) then its a worthy one.

I still hope one day that they make a final Bioshock game set in Rapture. The possibilities for locations are still endless and no matter what people say I dont think id get bored with seeing Rapture again. The same people who will play endless shooters like COD that all have a very similar look, complained about Bioshock 2 just retreading the same ground as the first game? What the f**k? When a location is as brilliant as Rapture why not use it again.

m41guy

m41guy

Finished Dead Space last night.  Loved it.  I want to play through again to get the "one gun" and "Tier 3 engineer" achievements.  Wife doesn't want me to get DS2  :laugh:  ;D

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 20, 2011, 02:42:43 PM
Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 20, 2011, 09:51:03 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 20, 2011, 02:40:00 AM
Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 20, 2011, 01:34:41 AM
Duke Nukem Forever Online

Why am I still playing this? :laugh:

People still play it online? I found the online play to be really fun but I have not played my copy since July. There is no reason to release the DLC so late.

As a matter of fact it seems more people play online now. Back in June-July barely anyone played. Now I'm getting into matches whenever I want.

Probably because people are bored and playing it to kill time until better games are released next month.

That would explain it.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Resident Evil 4 HD.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TJ Doc on Sep 20, 2011, 04:13:43 PM
The story doesn't have quite as much oomph to it (though it's still streaks ahead of most gaming plots).

Gameplay wise, however, it's an improvement over the original.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I think I preferred Jack as a player character over Delta. Being a more-or-less normal person just really added to the atmosphere of the game.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Fujimaster on Sep 20, 2011, 11:45:40 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Sep 19, 2011, 03:03:05 PM
Dead Island. Pretty good so far, although some of the rediculous Aussie accents are painful.

Cheerio chap. Can you chuck a few shrimp on the Bar-bie.

Hahaha Its funny, you have some shocking voice acting in parts, and some pretty good scenes in others.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 21, 2011, 03:30:02 AM
Resident Evil 4 HD.

Ace!! I'm going to buy that first chance I get. I'm guessing it looks really good?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Gears of War 3

So much better than Gears 2. The only thing I don't like is assholes who use the sawed off because they have no skill

m41guy

m41guy

UUGGGH!!!

Back to Assassin's Creed and I'm fighting the 10 Templars before you fight Robert de Sable and it's sooo F'n frustrating.  I killed them all once last night and then Robert killed me right away.  After that I couldn't get near as far and mostly got gang banged by his cronies in 3 or 4 attacks...fml.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ghostbusters. Started replaying it today. Just past the part where you kill Stay Puft.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed