Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 759,049 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 05, 2017, 11:59:48 PM
Alright, no need to get nasty now.

The 50 minutes flight time was for Bishop to autopilot the dropship from the Sulaco to the Colony.  If I'm not mistaken.

The mission times when they initially land indicate the same flight time.  When they're doing the initial sweep the mission times are around 1 hour 3 minutes (time to fly from Sulaco plus Ferro doing the flyover, plus landing and entering the colony) up to 1 hour 31 minutes by the time the area is declared secure.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2017, 01:55:15 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 06, 2017, 01:07:36 AM
How do you know that?
You're the one saying it isn't; that's up to you to prove.

You're assuming it's travelling at the same distance/speed, and that's up to you to prove.  I gave a reason why it might not be. 

Quote from: SM on Aug 06, 2017, 01:56:25 AM

The mission times when they initially land indicate the same flight time.  When they're doing the initial sweep the mission times are around 1 hour 3 minutes (time to fly from Sulaco plus Ferro doing the flyover, plus landing and entering the colony) up to 1 hour 31 minutes by the time the area is declared secure.

Do you have a reference for this info or are you just making this up?

SiL

SiL

It's on the screens when we see the view from the Marines' helmet cameras as they move through the colony.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Ok, I'll have to watch Aliens again and check.  When did the mission start?  When they put on their helmets?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 06, 2017, 02:52:44 AM
Ok, I'll have to watch Aliens again and check.  When did the mission start?  When they put on their helmets?

Its like no matter how wrong you are, you just can't stop yourself. You just keep doubling down regardless.

Been a lot of that on the boards today.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bishop got the egg from where the queen was laying them when Ripley found Newt.

He didn't need to go to the derelict.
Plus in the film you see him rising up from where Ripley just came from...with the queen following.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 06, 2017, 03:49:03 AM
Bishop got the egg from where the queen was laying them when Ripley found Newt.

He didn't need to go to the derelict.
Plus in the film you see him rising up from where Ripley just came from...with the queen following.
There was nowhere to land. He would've had to have waited for Ripley to go down, take the other elevator, sneak past her to the Queen's chamber that he had no idea where is, get back to the landing platform, take off, and circle around just to f**k with Ripley?

And the Queen doesn't follow the dropship in any way. She  takes the elevator that Ripley had called down. Them both reaching the platform at the same time is coincidence.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 06, 2017, 03:04:34 AM

Its like no matter how wrong you are, you just can't stop yourself. You just keep doubling down regardless.

Nobody is right or wrong.  No need for the attitude.

SiL

SiL

Everyone's welcome to their ideas and opinions. Everyone is welcome to express and discuss them.

But that doesn't mean there's no such thing as wrong and right or that every idea is valid.

There isn't enough time for Bishop to have done what you suggest. Therefore you are wrong when you say that's what could have happened.

SM

SM

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 06, 2017, 04:16:08 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 06, 2017, 03:04:34 AM

Nobody is right or wrong.  No need for the attitude.

No.  You're wrong.

Go watch the film.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I will,  but you still won't be able to definitively tell me how long it took.  Number one, it's a work of fiction.  Number two, there may have been things not shown on screen to account for the mission time.  There are many other questions as well.  I'm not even stating that I'm right, that's the difference between you and I.

SM

SM

No the difference is - I'm right, and you're just being difficult.

The dialogue matches what's shown on screen, and you theory about Bishop and the egg is baseless.

Copping out with 'It's a work of fiction' is predictable.

Scorpio

Scorpio

No, you're left.  :P

I just checked, it doesn't show when the mission start time is, the first time you see the mission time it is 22 minutes in while they're still in the dropship.  The mission time could have already started while they were on the Sulaco.

Next time you see it is Apone's cam when they're already in the Colony and it reads ??:02:03 (presumably 1 hour).  So that means it took 40 minutes from when they were sitting in the drop ship to when the marines entered the Colony complex.  That of course does not match screentime.

SiL

SiL

The earliest it would've started is once they were all geared up and loading into the dropship. More likely the mission time would've begun with the drop itself. Either way, it's longer than 20 minutes from Sulaco to ground, and as many hairs as we might split over the exact time -- the idea that Bishop could've done what you said is still wrong.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Not exactly, because we don't know how long Ripley was in the hive.  It's stated "15 minutes to reach minimum safe distance" but that doesn't necessarily mean 15 minutes until it explodes.

EDIT:  I'm not trying to be 'difficult', I'm just having a discussion.  Let's keep it civil.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed