Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 758,388 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Protoculture was in the tv show.
Royal Jelly is fan made crap not in the films.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 05, 2017, 11:22:22 PMNot this Royal jelly bullshit again.

That's not what Royal Jelly was ever supposed to be with regards to the Alien, so no.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Still fan made crap

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 06, 2017, 12:01:09 PM
Still fan made crap

Meh, not really anymore crap or unbelievable than the rest of the Alien's characteristics.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 06, 2017, 12:01:09 PMStill fan made crap

Assuming you're referring to Royal Jelly itself and not the "egg-forming" theory above... Once again, no, it's not fan made crap, it's in the novelisation of the film. Oh yeah, and it's also, you know, a real thing in the animal kingdom that actually exists and serves the exact purpose of the stuff in the novel.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Vermillion, I'm getting a little bored of your non-constructive posts where you just complain or insult. Let's try and actually contribute instead of just appearing to complain about something with nothing to offer.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 06, 2017, 01:25:45 PM
Vermillion, I'm getting a little bored of your non-constructive posts where you just complain or insult. Let's try and actually contribute instead of just appearing to complain about something with nothing to offer.
Roger Sir. :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He's contributing to your inevitable rampage.  :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2017, 12:51:46 PM

Assuming you're referring to Royal Jelly itself and not the "egg-forming" theory above... Once again, no, it's not fan made crap, it's in the novelisation of the film. Oh yeah, and it's also, you know, a real thing in the animal kingdom that actually exists and serves the exact purpose of the stuff in the novel.
It's been like a decade since I read the 'Aliens' novelization, I totally forgot "royal jelly" gets a mention there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 06, 2017, 08:33:16 PM
Roger Sir. :)

Fantastic.  :)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2017, 09:14:45 PM

He's contributing to your inevitable rampage.  :)

I need to make sure I have some document ready for the day that happens.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 07, 2017, 02:37:38 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2017, 12:51:46 PM

It's been like a decade since I read the 'Aliens' novelization, I totally forgot "royal jelly" gets a mention there.

It's the one I barely ever read and I'm not even sure why. I'd forgotten that as well.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I remember other wacky stuff from the 'Aliens' novelization, like how it omits literally all of the profanity for some reason.

I dunno about you, but Ripley confronting the Queen and saying "Get away from her, you!" just doesn't quite have the same impact as it does in the movie. :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that was such an utterly ridiculous decision.

Studio-enforced, if I remember rightly.

Russ840

Russ840

I just finished the audiobook for it and did wonder where the swearing was lol.

Yeah. I enjoyed the mention of Royal jelly and all the descriptions of the ovipositor, talking about the developing eggs inside.

Also forgot that migit Aliens where present. Lol.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have we reached a consensus yet?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Vote for Royal Jelly here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed