Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 757,947 times)

The Old One

The Old One

It's the best idea, but it also means if it's true, only the Special Edition is canon- because one Egg, one Facehugger.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That is not a bad theory but eggs usually do require or at least prefer warm and humid temperatures, they also do need to gather nutrients which is they have those roots, I can't imagine there was anything to feed off on the ceiling.

Huggs

Huggs

And it all could've been avoided if they'd just used a ShamWow.

The Old One

The Old One

Or not included the shot of it at all, it currently raises more questions than answers, leave it to the audience's imagination because the "how" is ultimately inconsequential.

Huggs

Huggs

In a cinematic universe where penis-head monsters from outer space commit "rapelication", one upside down egg should only cause so much consternation.

The Old One

The Old One

And yet, totally understandable and valid consternation.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 11, 2020, 11:40:31 AM
It's the best idea, but it also means if it's true, only the Special Edition is canon- because one Egg, one Facehugger.

I don't see how that's not also the case in the theatrical edition.  ???

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 11, 2020, 12:08:22 PMThat is not a bad theory but eggs usually do require or at least prefer warm and humid temperatures, they also do need to gather nutrients which is they have those roots, I can't imagine there was anything to feed off on the ceiling.

That all depends on what qualifies as nutrients to the aliens.  If they can consume and digest inorganic material like metal, the egg could have fed off the Sulaco itself (or Bishop's legs if they were still nearby).

razeak

razeak

It would have worked better to just have a facehugger that hitched a ride on the dropship also.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Can't have an Alien movie without an egg though.  ;D

They're not unlike SM's pizza in that regard.

Huggs

Huggs

I thought he fancied pineapple?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That would be SiL.  I don't recall any pineapples in the Alien films though.

Maybe on one of Brett's shirts?  ???

The Old One

The Old One

Because everything we know states that only a Royal Facehugger can implant more than once, and the (Royal) Egg we see is considerably different in design from the regular type and the Praetomorph type.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I still don't see the distinction.  It's a royal facehugger in either edition.

The Old One

The Old One

We clearly see the one attacking the Dog is not. Meaning in the Theatrical Version it's two or more Facehuggers onboard causing the Electrical Fire, with the Royal one perishing onboard and the Regular one making it to the planet's surface. None of that makes any sense if the Egg is real.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The blood doesn't mean it perished.  Nor could Ripley have been the one in the neuroscan since her tube wasn't breached until afterward.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 12, 2018, 03:23:13 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 14, 2017, 01:42:28 PM
My theory is that it started out as the regular-looking version we saw crawling around on the Sulaco.  Then it grew armor, spikes and webbing to adapt to its hostile aquatic environment following the EEV's splashdown.

It would only need to do this in the AC because Ripley was ejected from the EEV and washed up on the beach.  In the theatrical edition, she remained in her cryotube.

It's even conceivable that the facehugger actually saved Ripley from drowning in the AC.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed