Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 759,129 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

After Burke proved how desperate he was by unleashing the facehuggers on Ripley and Newt, yeah.  Until then, keeping two specimens of a dangerous lifeform alive in stasis was hardly beyond the pale.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That gets me thinking, Bishop is either an observer or not present for so much of 'Aliens', I think it might be interesting to see a first-person re-telling of the movie from his perspective. Get some insight into how he feels about Ripley's opinions of him (and synthetics in general) at the start of the movie, his views on the specimens he finds and how he reconciles Burke's orders (as you've been talking about), things like that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So long as they adhered to whatever safety protocols governed the containment of virulent organisms, I see no reason why Bishop would have disobeyed Burke's orders.  My belief is that Ripley knew this too, which is why she had to resort to threats of tattling to the ICC about his specimens.

It's also my belief that bringing dangerous specimens back to Earth wasn't illegal, but smuggling them was.  Burke may have been afraid, like before, that a bureaucratic quagmire would have jeopardized the reward he was expecting for quietly delivering the aliens to the company labs.

SM

SM

Burke could've brought them back, but they would've been impounded in ICC quarantine, and no exclusive rights.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's pretty much what I meant.  Even if the ICC had eventually allowed the company to retain ownership of the specimens that Burke brought back, it may have taken a long time and lots of money to attain that result.

It's a typical case of a large corporation trying to skirt government regulations.

SM

SM

Quite.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Would they even Ret-Con Alien 3's events and pass it up as a bad dream and that Ripley, Hicks and newt were just driving in space?

The Egg is trivial anyway i suppose if the new movie is gonna ret-con A3.. Think i heard somewhere Alien Queen can make eggs from her ooze or something

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Guts on Apr 05, 2017, 05:59:43 AMThink i heard somewhere Alien Queen can make eggs from her ooze or something

Interesting theory.  Tell me more.

markweatherill

markweatherill

Quote from: Xenoscream on Mar 24, 2017, 11:49:20 AM
David did it :-D

...while disguised as Walter.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2017, 07:12:44 AM
Quote from: Guts on Apr 05, 2017, 05:59:43 AMThink i heard somewhere Alien Queen can make eggs from her ooze or something

Interesting theory.  Tell me more.

I don't know who said it or where i got that information from... Might have confused something from elsewhere  ???  ???  ???

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Was it this?  :laugh:

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 20, 2014, 12:12:44 AMThe egg grew out of Bishop's torso inside his cryotube.  Ostensibly, this was due to being contaminated with genetic material when the queen impaled him.  Later on, the Anchorpoint scientists were able to culture scrapings of the same material from his lower half and clone alien eggs from that.

My personal spin on the Gibson origin, which appears to be the script that pre-dated them all, is that this genetic material oozed into the subflooring of the Sulaco's landing bay where it congealed, then grew slowly out of the floor itself and into the strange position where we saw it after it hatched.

Turns out, even the WYR supports this theory somewhat...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 10, 2016, 12:40:51 AM
When you fact-checked the WYR, surely you came across this excerpt on page 125:

QuoteThe other, more likely, theory posits that the queen deposited a resinous egg sac in the landing gear of the dropship, or flung some amount of egg-forming material from her body once the ship was back on board the Sulaco.

That sounds a lot like my ooze theory (although it never occurred to me that she may have "flung" it).

Most importantly, SM no longer rules it out as a possibility (although he remains skeptical, but that's par for the course with him).

Vermillion

Vermillion

Not this Royal jelly bullshit again.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What about protoculture?

Rankles75

Rankles75

This thread just....won't....die!

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2017, 07:40:48 PM
Was it this?  :laugh:

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 20, 2014, 12:12:44 AMThe egg grew out of Bishop's torso inside his cryotube.  Ostensibly, this was due to being contaminated with genetic material when the queen impaled him.  Later on, the Anchorpoint scientists were able to culture scrapings of the same material from his lower half and clone alien eggs from that.

My personal spin on the Gibson origin, which appears to be the script that pre-dated them all, is that this genetic material oozed into the subflooring of the Sulaco's landing bay where it congealed, then grew slowly out of the floor itself and into the strange position where we saw it after it hatched.

Turns out, even the WYR supports this theory somewhat...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 10, 2016, 12:40:51 AM
When you fact-checked the WYR, surely you came across this excerpt on page 125:

QuoteThe other, more likely, theory posits that the queen deposited a resinous egg sac in the landing gear of the dropship, or flung some amount of egg-forming material from her body once the ship was back on board the Sulaco.

That sounds a lot like my ooze theory (although it never occurred to me that she may have "flung" it).

Most importantly, SM no longer rules it out as a possibility (although he remains skeptical, but that's par for the course with him).

Yeah man that was it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed