Started by Alan Dutch Schaefer, Dec 03, 2007, 02:50:18 AM

Author
O.W.L.F. (Read 12,338 times)

Helikaon

Helikaon

Quote'Backdraft' and a lot of other films many people like

People other than me like Backdraft?

Wow.

Anyways, I wonder whether the guys at the end count as a reference, I doubt those guys were National Guardsmen.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Well, I don't dislike 'Batman Begins', but I don't particularly like it, either. I went in, hopeful because of reviews, but it didn't do much for me. It was a lot better than those before it, although that's not saying much. :) Even so, still failed to leave me in awe of it (just like any of the recent 'Spiderman' films, in that respect).

Because of that, I'm not really all that bothered about the sequel.

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 06, 2008, 02:39:05 AM
Well, I don't dislike 'Batman Begins', but I don't particularly like it, either. I went in, hopeful because of reviews, but it didn't do much for me. It was a lot better than those before it, although that's not saying much. :) Even so, still failed to leave me in awe of it (just like any of the recent 'Spiderman' films, in that respect).

Because of that, I'm not really all that bothered about the sequel.

wow. i absolutely loved it being a Batman fan.

but we all have opinions

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: Helikaon on Jan 06, 2008, 02:35:08 AM
Quote'Backdraft' and a lot of other films many people like

People other than me like Backdraft?

Wow.

Anyways, I wonder whether the guys at the end count as a reference, I doubt those guys were National Guardsmen.

Backdraft is awesome!

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: severen76 on Jan 05, 2008, 11:28:12 PM
^^ so your just sayin that blade runner is good because everyone else thinks so

no. I think Blade Runner is an awesome movie.  It is boring. I have to admit it.  But u have to watch it straight through to understand how brilliant the movie is.  The effects are great. the whole idea of it is great.

i cant believe u dont really like it

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 06, 2008, 01:02:33 AM
Death Proof is by far Quentin's worst. I love Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction, but Death Proof was his only film where I felt the acting was really bad. It felt so forced. There was none of the natural flow that PF has. In fact, it stuck out to me more than the acting in AVPR.

ahhh c'mon.  Well we all have opinions.

I myself think that Death Proof is great.  It has its boring parts.  Its all good at the final chase scene.

Did u like the chase scene at least?

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Alan Dutch Schaefer on Jan 06, 2008, 03:41:44 AM

no. I think Blade Runner is an awesome movie.  It is boring. I have to admit it.  But u have to watch it straight through to understand how brilliant the movie is.  The effects are great. the whole idea of it is great.

I do like it i just thought you didnt  :)

The Diesel

The Diesel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2008, 11:18:59 PM
That's 'cause Tarentino is so up his own arse it's funny. Kill Bill is tripe, Pulp Fiction was just an accident. And Death Proof...God.
I don't like any of his films either.

gases

gases

I heard it was legendary and watched it in it's entirety and thought it was one of the least entertaining movies I've seen excluding the ending where the android (god knows who) chases after the heroin.

SM

SM

QuoteYeah, you'll have to excuse me for not finding Tarantino's ideas overly awesome.

The vast majority of ideas in Tarantino films aren't actually Tarantino's.

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: severen76 on Jan 06, 2008, 03:43:39 AM

I do like it i just thought you didnt  :)

oh no dude, i like it so much i bought the 4 disc.  The Final Cut is great!

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: gases on Jan 06, 2008, 04:10:35 AM

I heard it was legendary and watched it in it's entirety and thought it was one of the least entertaining movies I've seen excluding the ending where the android (god knows who) chases after the heroin.

Its not an action packed movie, i'll admit that.  But its really goood.  Most movies dont have the big action scenes till the finale.  Ahhh yes Roy (Rutger Hauer) chasing Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford). :D

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Here's the short version of Pulp Fiction for those who couldn't get though it.

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 06, 2008, 07:46:53 AM
Here's the short version of Pulp Fiction for those who couldn't get though it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rXEQ4twCo

haha nice

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed