Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 16, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Author
Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed (Read 54,442 times)

BishopShouldGo

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guts on Aug 20, 2016, 06:46:43 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 19, 2016, 03:20:52 PM
It'd be epic if the movie did its own thing. I for one can't wait to have an Alien film with such an epic scope.

Well Considering Jerry Goldsmith died, And he was Ridley's go to guy for majority of his movies.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here? Was there some misunderstanding? Bishop said scope, not score.

Necronomicon II

Scope, not score, Guts.

BishopShouldGo

And Goldsmith was not Ridley's go-to guy, nor did he have a monopoly on epic scores.

Corporal Hicks

Goldsmith was quite unhappy with his work on Alien - as the work he did for Alien wasn't used. I think they only worked together once after that.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2016, 07:45:30 AM
Goldsmith was quite unhappy with his work on Alien - as the work he did for Alien wasn't used. I think they only worked together once after that.

He did the score to Legend... which was replaced by music from the group Tangerine Dream for the movie's US premiere.  Poor guy could never catch a break with Ridley Scott films.  :(

motherfather

motherfather

I think the first Prometheus trailer dropped around Christmas for a June release.

Do you reckon Christmas it too early for an Alien Covenant trailer with an August release?

Corporal Hicks

From what I've heard, it maybe possible for a pull forward from that release. It's going well apparently. Personally I'm expecting November/December/January time for a trailer.

Infected

The movie is done, so i think December will be a easy target for a trailer,
all we need to hope is that its gonna be a two minute trailer and not just the logo popping out of the universe.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2016, 07:26:32 AM
From what I've heard, it maybe possible for a pull forward from that release. It's going well apparently. Personally I'm expecting November/December/January time for a trailer.

I've got a hunch it's going to be November or December for the teaser.

When you say "possible for a pull forward" do you mean for the actual release of the movie?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Aug 31, 2016, 10:32:15 AM
When you say "possible for a pull forward" do you mean for the actual release of the movie?

That's what I mean.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Infected on Aug 31, 2016, 09:16:15 AM
The movie is done, so i think December will be a easy target for a trailer,

:D No, it isn't. Not by a long shot, although they should have enough finished material for a short teaser or trailer by that time.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2016, 07:26:32 AM

I suppose the rescheduling of Alien: Covenant's release will depend a lot on what else is scheduled and for what slot next year. They sometimes tend to shuffle release dates about to get the best possible release window with the minimum amount of competition. Do you perhaps know what other major films are currently scheduled for release close to Covenant?

That said, I doubt we'd see anything in November or December. The holiday period is going to be over-saturated with Star Wars trailers and hype again this year so January would probably be a better bet.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2016, 10:34:31 AM
Quote from: SuicideDoors on Aug 31, 2016, 10:32:15 AM

That's what I mean.

Exciting!

motherfather

motherfather

The only thing about January is that its superbowl popcorn movie trailer territory. I feel like the alien films deserve their own spot.

Heck, I'd be happy either way to get a trailer at some point.

BishopShouldGo

Deserve? Lol that doesn't make any sense. Studios that want their tentpoles to be seen will make sure they get a Super Bowl spot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed