[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 136,267 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 15, 2022, 02:14:44 AMFeral also has quills protruding from his shoulders.

Yeah, until we got this pic it looked more like the dreads doing something funny, but they're definitely small quills.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2022, 02:39:07 AMGuess we know what happens to the wolf.

Does indeed look like the back end of a canid skull.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I really just wish Feral had a little bit more armor on him. That's the only thing I really just don't like about this design, no chest armor or shoulder armor, no leg armor at all besides the upper thigh and that could just be a part of the waist armor hanging down. Just wrist armor and waist and helmet, just looks looks really off. They are continuing the trend of the armor from The Predator, the "Ultimate" Predator had the same amount of armor as Feral and in the same spots as well. I'm just not a fan of that personally. I'm also still trying to get used to the dreadlocks being so thin and man those mandibles...

BigDaddyJohn

With the recently showed stills, seems like he does have a big f**king mouth.

Spartansniper619

I tried my best to denoise and sharpen this close up of Feral :

Spoiler
[close]

I'm only worried for the eyes, but except for that I'm loving the design for now ! At least it has real meaning and purpose behind it, not like the super predator design wich is just a predator with a huge freaking head and bigger everything on it...  ::)

BigDaddyJohn

Seems more "feral" indeed, very agressive looking. Still, not enough shown to know if I dig it totally.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2022, 11:54:24 AMWith the recently showed stills, seems like he does have a big f**king mouth.

The one blurry maskless shot we have puts me strongly in mind of a Headcrab and I'm fine with that, even if it's quite a departure. A lot about the design so far honestly reminds me of the logic, if not the execution, of some of the crazy variety of the Kenner figures.

Yautja888

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 16, 2022, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Jul 15, 2022, 05:55:51 PMReally liking the different look.

It's almost like they're a.. diverse species lmao. And not just that one guy from the first film copy pasted a billion times (which is what some fans seem to want).

NO. Fans with actual design knowledge want something closer to the original predators done by SWS. They managed to make the P2 design which is the same but different from Predator87. Also without it looking like some retarded fan art take like this one and all the rest have.

The mandibles have never closed properly since P2 nor folded correctly. They always look like some cheap Halloween mask and so does this one. Like it all you want it doesn't change the fact it's yet another downgrade from everything that made SWS work so great and iconic.

I mean yeah, the first two movies design is what made the predator iconic, it's only justice to want to see this design back, not counting the screw up the classic pred was in Predators of course.Still,KNB tried.
Fans at home can build awesome faces wich are far superior than everything ADI made with a tiny budget. 
So i'm counting on all the fans who agree with us to display their criticism, whatever how they will do it, just do it. There is no such thing as a great pred movie if you don't like the predator.

Besides they should've involved Grayback, it would've solved many big problems.
Fixing the design with one of the most coolest pred ever seen, change the classic formula with a winning predator, thus closing the mouth of all the people who ignore it because they can smell a Mary Sue, you can also add a mask for the elder, some changes about the armour pieces,weapons etc.The nostalgia is also great for profit and word of mouth. Be prepared to make some real money.

It's mind blowing that they didn't jump on this occasion.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 17, 2022, 07:12:23 PMFans at home can build awesome faces wich are far superior than everything ADI made with a tiny budget.

Most of these people have a ton more time than ADI. Budget can do a lot, but the lack of time does factor in, and ADI has always been on a major time crunch with their Predators because all of the productions they've been on were rushed. Many seem to leave this fact out. Budget can only do so much when you have little time.

Maybe give the movie a chance and decide if you don't like it AFTER you've seen it? You really seem like you want to hate this movie.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Hating the face when it is fully shown is completely ok. But its has not been fully and clearly shown yet. We still have to see a few key elements, like the eyes, to judge the final thing.

The mouth seem to open very wide though. I dislike it, I always did. Still, the rest of the creature seem to be ace for now.

Doomofman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2022, 07:37:52 PMHating the face when it is fully shown is completely ok. But its has not been fully and clearly shown yet. We still have to see a few key elements, like the eyes, to judge the final thing.

The mouth seem to open very big though. I dislike it, I always did. Still, the rest of the creature seem to be ace for now.
Yeah how wide the mouth opens is my biggest concern at the moment. Seems like the widest it's opened in any design we've seen before? There's a Wolf bust that's somewhat wide but even that is nowhere close to what we're seeing in the latest image

BigDaddyJohn

Berserker also opened pretty wide IIRC. But maybe it was more horizontal-wide than vertical-wide.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 17, 2022, 07:12:23 PMit's only justice to want to see this design back

Justice? Are you for real?

QuoteSo i'm counting on all the fans who agree with us to display their criticism, whatever how they will do it, just do it.

Who's "us"?

QuoteMary Sue

QuoteThe nostalgia is also great

Will you please f**k off?

SiL

Being a fan of something is much more enjoyable when you don't get so wound up about this stuff.

That's not to say don't have preferences and opinions, just ... touch some grass, get some perspective.

Doomofman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2022, 08:02:11 PMBerserker also opened pretty wide IIRC. But maybe it was more horizontal-wide than vertical-wide.
It was relatively wide horizontally too but I guess dwarfed by his gigantic mandibles... In terms of wolf though, take this bust, darken the skin and throw the bone mask on there and it's not too far off what we've seen so far (aside from the missing upper mandible)

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 17, 2022, 07:28:22 PM
Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 17, 2022, 07:12:23 PMFans at home can build awesome faces wich are far superior than everything ADI made with a tiny budget.

Most of these people have a ton more time than ADI. Budget can do a lot, but the lack of time does factor in, and ADI has always been on a major time crunch with their Predators because all of the productions they've been on were rushed. Many seem to leave this fact out. Budget can only do so much when you have little time.
Just to add to this, those fan masks aren't screen quality. Most of them are taken from kits of the original two Predators and slightly modified. They don't sit on the faces properly and they aren't designed to perform on camera.

Some of them are nice designs but saying they're better masks than what ADi makes is really ignorant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed