Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 327,473 times)

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

How? Feral likes fighting and testing his prey, through the whole movie we see him analyzing his prey before moving in, testing it by letting it attack him, then kill it, we see him do that with the snake, wolf and bear.
 Also, Feral didn't simply "walk in the middle of 10 people" like some of you keep saying, he fell to a trap, why do you need to be purposely ignorant of what happens in the movie to try and make a point?

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Highland on Aug 28, 2022, 09:57:40 AMThe thing is a sadistic serial killer that collects skull trophy's on safari and rips out spines.

The irony of folk trying to say "the predator has no code of honour!" For years appears to have now done a 180 and is coming back the other way  :laugh:

Honestly I don't believe they have much honor. That's a comic book thing.
Jungle hunter laughed at Dutch using his fallen comrades voice before setting off a nuke; seems pretty disrespectful to me, not honorable.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Aug 28, 2022, 09:57:40 AMThe thing is a sadistic serial killer that collects skull trophy's on safari and rips out spines.

The irony of folk trying to say "the predator has no code of honour!" For years appears to have now done a 180 and is coming back the other way  :laugh:

Who mentioned codes of honour?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I personally love the way he goes up against the Fur Trappers, because even when standing completely still against their best weaponry they still barely make a dent, gets bored, activates a bomb and then leaves.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 09:59:36 AMPresumably we can all agree that humans are unique and individual and whatever.

But every single one of us has cringed at badly written dialogue, or rolled our eyes at unrealistic character behaviour.

We don't pass it off as "all people are different!".

I respond to Feral the same way people respond to characters in AvPR. Those characters are still humans, they're just badly written ones

Feral is a Predator. I just think he's a badly written one.

I loved feral

But hate AVP

Not going to fault you for having a different taste in entertainment.

SiL

SiL

Thanks. I'm not trying to fault anyone for what it's worth, I'm just trying to have a discussion.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

The trio from AvP weren't even hunters

And Wolf is a dumbass

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 10:01:00 AM

Jungle hunter laughed at Dutch using his fallen comrades voice before setting off a nuke; seems pretty disrespectful to me, not honorable.

No neither do I. I just find it slightly amusing that folk want the predator to act in a certain way , when it's been clear from the start that these things get over confident then die.

That is literally Predator in a nutshell. A creature that underestimates it's opponent.

I seem to remember pussy face taking on a whole train of armed passengers front on like he was king dick ( for no reason to boot) !

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 28, 2022, 10:04:50 AMThe trio from AvP weren't even hunters

And Wolf is a dumbass
Agreed

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

AVP 2004's trash steeped in racist ideas made by a guy who routinely gets his crew injured or killed even decades later.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Aug 28, 2022, 10:05:31 AM

No neither do I. I just find it slightly amusing that folk want the predator to act in a certain way , when it's been clear from the start that these things get over confident then die.

That is literally Predator in a nutshell. A creature that underestimates it's opponent.

I seem to remember pussy face taking on a whole train of armed passengers front on like he was king dick ( for no reason to boot) !

City Hunter was after Harrigan's close contacts, they say as much in the film. He has Harrigan singled out as a prize and was torturing him.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 28, 2022, 10:05:48 AMAVP 2004's trash steeped in racist ideas made by a guy who routinely gets his crew injured or killed even decades later.
But not his wife... he keeps her safe and employed 🙄🙄🙄

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Because hunters sure do love torturing a wild buck they spotted in the wild right

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 28, 2022, 10:05:31 AM

City Hunter was after Harrigan's close contacts, they say as much in the film. He has Harrigan singled out as a prize and was torturing him.

This is true but he still got arrogant and underestimated him... hence that look of surprise when he uses his own disc to amputate his arm.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 28, 2022, 10:07:53 AMBecause hunters sure do love torturing a wild buck they spotted in the wild right
Not human hunters that I'm aware of but maybe alien hunters lol

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 09:53:23 AMAnd then he gets impaled by his own spear by something he didn't take seriously in a completely preventable situation.

Isn't that whole thing about Predators - they underestimate their prey and that's what gets 'em killed ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed