[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 140,727 times)

[cancerblack]

It's not a million miles away from the foot spur either.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 25, 2022, 03:38:50 PMNever noticed that.
Fact it's even considered in the glove design is the cutest thing

Car1os

I only noticed this recently on Fugitive.

Being shown the pimp hand by one of these guys is gonna hurt.

SuperiorIronman

Well someone showed me Feral's unmasked face. I hate to sound like Voodoo but I think Tractchenberg took things a little too far. I'm gonna have to see it in action before I make a final judgement but, well it's something. I don't think it works at all but I haven't seen the movie yet. I'll bitch about it if it looks bad in motion.

That being said if we ever get an interview with ADI again on Prey, I'd be interested in noting whether they designed the masked or the unmasked head first. Because I wanna think they went with the masked head. There's a gorgeous shot of him coming out of cloak and mandibles open which looks great with the mask.

SiL

From the sounds of it I'm not sure the Predator's head was a physical thing or done entirely in post. People involved in the design of the Predator said they hadn't seen it maskless.

The Shuriken

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 25, 2022, 09:30:17 PMWell someone showed me Feral's unmasked face. I hate to sound like Voodoo but I think Tractchenberg took things a little too far. I'm gonna have to see it in action before I make a final judgement but, well it's something. I don't think it works at all but I haven't seen the movie yet. I'll bitch about it if it looks bad in motion.

That being said if we ever get an interview with ADI again on Prey, I'd be interested in noting whether they designed the masked or the unmasked head first. Because I wanna think they went with the masked head. There's a gorgeous shot of him coming out of cloak and mandibles open which looks great with the mask.

Once I saw the mandible placement my mind was made up. But I am still looking forward to the portrayal.

paulorangelmelo

Best Pics.

RakaiThwei

So we're looking at something Super Predator inspired?

Because I'm getting Super Predator vibes from this.

PAS Spinelli

Looks like a improved Berserker design, I'm fine with that, the full row of teeth make the mandibles not covering the mount bearable

Manti

Yeah, im also not a fan of Ferals face design. Doesnt ruin the movie for me, but i dont get why they always feel the need to create a new Predator sub-species every since Predators. Now we got Classic Preds, Super Preds, Upgrade Pred, Feral Pred.

This movie wouldve worked just as well with a classic Pred. Make him look different (like the City Hunter did) and make him a bad blood, and itll new enough to feel fresh. No need to cram yet another new Pred into it.

But oh well. As i said, doesnt ruin the movie for me.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Manti on Jul 26, 2022, 03:35:02 AMYeah, im also not a fan of Ferals face design. Doesnt ruin the movie for me, but i dont get why they always feel the need to create a new Predator sub-species every since Predators. Now we got Classic Preds, Super Preds, Upgrade Pred, Feral Pred.

Pretty much, I resonate with this.

It's like we can't have a traditional Predator anymore.

The Shuriken

Quote from: paulorangelmelo on Jul 26, 2022, 12:21:02 AMBest Pics.

The resemblance to Mr Black in this split second shot is really amazing. Even the dreadlocks look a little thicker.

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 26, 2022, 03:37:42 AM
Quote from: Manti on Jul 26, 2022, 03:35:02 AMYeah, im also not a fan of Ferals face design. Doesnt ruin the movie for me, but i dont get why they always feel the need to create a new Predator sub-species every since Predators. Now we got Classic Preds, Super Preds, Upgrade Pred, Feral Pred.

Pretty much, I resonate with this.

It's like we can't have a traditional Predator anymore.
They tried that and nobody liked their take.

BlueMarsalis79

Not for reasons inherent to design choices though.

BigDaddyJohn

Reading what was said here, I imagined a face vastly different than this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed