So whos read the script?

Started by Alien³, Nov 22, 2009, 03:45:02 PM

Whos willing to wait to see it at the cinema instead of judging it in its early stage?

Read it couldn't help myself
20 (64.5%)
Waiting until 2010, cinema.
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
So whos read the script? (Read 2,799 times)

Alien³

Alien³

I'm willing to wait, I like surprises, and if I read the script and it turns out to be basically the same I wont be surprised. So I'm waiting until its out before I judge it.

What about you?

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

It looked great in my head. But the director hasn't done a big SFX movie before. So... the jury is out on whether the execution will be good enough.

I dunno... the script has a couple of big fights in it, and I wonder how that will look with men in suits. In the AvP films the fight sequences look awkward. You can't really get anything hugely showy working with practical effects these days.

Guess it depends on the way its shot and the quality of the work KNB produce. They've not done Predators before have they?

Alien³

Alien³

The suits look awkward in AVP because the predators were awful and bulky, but they did it right in AVP:R suits are the only way to do predators CGI or anything else would look bad, really bad.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

Do we know who is playing the Predators in this film yet? I checked the IMDB cast listing half expecting Ian Whyte to show up... instead, they're listing guys who played Jason Vorhees.

Neither of them seems large enough for the role of "Super" Predator...

I mean they are big guys, but definately not as big as Ian.

keylight-di

keylight-di

I read it. Three times. I couldn't resist and I didn't try.  ;)
But I don't want to be judge now, it's too early. We don't know even it's the right, finished script.  I refrain from rashy judgments. Just wait.

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

waiting for cinema release.....love surprises as well

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I'm waiting. Can't imagine why anyone would want the film spoilt for them so early.

Jonny05

Jonny05

Read it and my god is it bad.  The Arnie cameo scene is just pathetic, hope he laughs it off and tells them where to go.

pmaz11

pmaz11

I'm waiting until the cinema release, I'd rather wait and see some posters and screenshots,etc. when they're released than read the script.

Jango1201

Jango1201

If I were you I wouldn't waste your money.

Tundro

Tundro

I'm not wasting my time for either purpose.  I think we all know the movie will be shit and we'll have to deal with it.  If the movie bombs (which it will) we'll all have the originals to fall back on.  In the beginning I had high hopes but the more I hear about the script and general bad ideas, I think I'm gonna pass on this one all together.

Alien³

Alien³

I wouldn't say its wasting money, we just love going to see movies and having faith in them. The script could have radical changes who knows?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Tundro on Nov 23, 2009, 04:17:08 PM
I'm not wasting my time for either purpose.  I think we all know the movie will be shit and we'll have to deal with it.  If the movie bombs (which it will) we'll all have the originals to fall back on.  In the beginning I had high hopes but the more I hear about the script and general bad ideas, I think I'm gonna pass on this one all together.

I honestly feel sorry for you and people like you... People who insist on letting their negative predications for movies get in the way of actually enjoying them... While I know the film wont be a patch on the first 2 I'm still looking forward and refuse to say it'll be shit before even seeing 1 second of footage

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Doomofman on Nov 23, 2009, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: Tundro on Nov 23, 2009, 04:17:08 PM

I honestly feel sorry for you and people like you... People who insist on letting their negative predications for movies get in the way of actually enjoying them... While I know the film wont be a patch on the first 2 I'm still looking forward and refuse to say it'll be shit before even seeing 1 second of footage

With you all the way on that one :)

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 22, 2009, 09:34:14 PM
I'm waiting. Can't imagine why anyone would want the film spoilt for them so early.

This. While one can argue that you don't see the whole film realized until you see it in the theaters, I want to be kept guessing and not know what characters are going to die and when. If AVPR showed anything, a trailer filled with half the characters deaths can really put a damper on surprises and character development (Why invest in characters that die early on)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed