Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien returning to theater...
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 03:27:47 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Today at 01:13:17 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Today at 03:22:57 AMJust got back from seeing the movie with my dad. It had the Fede/Ridley interview. Nothing particularly groundbreaking about Alien or Romulus, but still kinda neat.

Did it include behind the scenes footage as well? Or just Ridley and Fede talking?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMIn3VAXMAAlsAz?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMIQo-eWoAAUxud?format=jpg&name=large

Just Ridley and Fede talking.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus connections ...
Last post by Eal - Today at 03:27:41 PM
Quote from: Scott Conover on Yesterday at 08:18:47 AMReal ones know Ends is where it's at. By far the best Halloween movie since 82.

Halloween 3 was pretty cool. Pissed a lot of people off due to the direction it took, but very interesting movie nonetheless.
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 02:35:22 PM
Glad to hear this as so few were in the showing I attended. I went to a 7pm showing maybe the 9pm was busier.
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 02:00:57 PMI may also remove the original shot of the Neomorph making its way to the city and up the barrier wall as well as the deleted scene of it stalking the halls to find Rosenthal. I think it'd be scarier if it just shows up? But then we might also ask where it came from. Hmmmm 🤔

It's just got there. The end. We don't really need to see how
Alien-Predator Games / Re: Survios and 20th Century G...
Last post by CANNON - Today at 02:03:45 PM
Damn unfortunate only for VR. That is terribly restrictive and limiting sales to an VR only audience to me is a mistake. Unless the budget didn't allow for a highly resourced game and the target is for a smaller audience therefore the game will probably be underwhelming. I don't have VR so I don't know how these games are usually made in comparison to triple AAA games like Isolation which is clearly well developed and well resourced as it attracts to a larger audience throughout multiple platforms.
I'll go through those scenes more and refine them a bit, then. Thanks, Blue!

I think with these new editions, I'm gonna focus more on refining the Chaos Editions in general. I love that I included everything in the Chaos Editions as a kind of proof of concept, but they can be a bit of a slog to get through. Especially the beginnings cause it feels like there's seven "false starts" in both films.

Prometheus is definitely harder to figure out than Covenant. The extras and deleted scenes in Covenant are already pretty polished and they feel better reinserted back into the film with almost little to no work.

I plan to move The Crossing viral to fit exactly before the flashback of David dropping the Pathogen on Paradise rather than keeping it at the beginning of the film. Keeping the mystery around Shaw and why she isn't present alive.

I'm axing The Last Supper completely because it's edited poorly.

Phobos, while I love it, is too long.

These edits mean that the crew messages back to Earth are no longer a thing because having them play before we open on Walter tending to the ship doesn't feel good anymore.

I may also remove the original shot of the Neomorph making its way to the city and up the barrier wall as well as the deleted scene of it stalking the halls to find Rosenthal. I think it'd be scarier if it just shows up? But then we might also ask where it came from. Hmmmm 🤔

I'm axing the deleted scene where the Lope throws a flare into the city center sub level docking port. Aaron (Corporal Hicks) made a comment years back saying it doesn't make sense to have it in because David's been stuck on the Planet for years without access to a working ship.

I may try to add the creation of Walter to Covenant's opening, a bit like how Evanus did. Not sure yet.

With Prometheus, I'm removing the Elders walking the Sacrificial Engineer to the waterfall's edge. Their saucer ship takes off far too fast and it feels like they just get left behind.

Weyland's TED Talk is likely staying at the beginning but I'm unsure of The Quiet Eye viral. I may try to fit it in elsewhere. Maybe when Shaw is in front of the mirror in her room post-op and finding out Weyland is still alive. There's two distinct already-in-the-films cuts I could squeeze it into!

Anything I don't use will just end up at the end of the movies as post credits stuff. Bonuses that just won't work in the films themselves but are easy for you guys to access and enjoy because they're built into these movie files.
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 01:59:44 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 12:29:41 PMAnd hopefully it makes its way online very soon.

Me too. I went before the seating for the film so there was no chance I missed something because of timing. And I stayed until the screen went blank.
Last post by Highland - Today at 01:58:40 PM
Just booked myself into James Camerons "challenging the Deep" exhibition followed by a showing of the special edition of Aliens  8)

Not often us Western Australia residents get something cool! ( and it's at the Museum theatre)

The wife remains to be convinced  :laugh:
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Ridley Scott
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 01:42:58 PM
I do have to wonder if Scott could have made anything coherent out of that script, though. It's pretty wild and rambling.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed