Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,398 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

No way in hell.

Grenades are generally shrapnel-based area-of-effect weapons, not incendiary. Without its metal casing, the whole function of the grenade is gone. It's essentially good for a nice bang, but it's not throwing the force around that it should be.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It still hurt him. There's a reason why he squealed.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Yes, but it's still not comparable to finding an Alien's tail lodged in your shoulder.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He was still running slowly before the tail went through him. Watch the scene right before Lex gets to the sled controls.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Well darn me to heck.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2010, 01:22:01 AM
Pfft. One scene in the entire flick, and even that scene wasn't enough to get me excited.
I got only that gif :P but there are other scenes which give Predators glory. ;)

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

AvP Pred goodness....
1: The ninja spear-spin.
2: Celtics interior decoration with a xeno.
3: Scar killing the facehugger and xeno. (both at point blank, without a drop on 'em)
4: Scar shoosting a couple of Aliums in a hallway.
5: I like how the ship flew in unnoticed.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 06, 2010, 09:03:23 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 06, 2010, 03:08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB8TNMBqrpA
you know what's the music of this video? I need it ;D Sorry for abrupt question.

A sped-up version of the theme song for Japan Break Industries.

Thank you. I guess you don't want a cake :)

QuoteThen when he severs the Alien head taking it on surprise is the proof of his skills, much? ;)
Even Wolf could do that. Buddy, I see no skill there :-\

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

What are you talking about?

Scar, without looking, preempted an Alien's sneak attack and cut off its face. Let's remember what we're dealing with here - Aliens are the ridiculously, unfathomably terrifying hybrid of a Ringwraith, a dragon and Spiderman. Put a Ringwraith, a dragon and Spiderman in a blender, and if a lifeform walks out it's an Alien.

Scar played the Alien's own game and won without breaking a sweat. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on May 07, 2010, 11:36:42 AM
AvP Pred goodness....
1: The ninja spear-spin.
2: Celtics interior decoration with a xeno.
3: Scar killing the facehugger and xeno. (both at point blank, without a drop on 'em)
4: Scar shoosting a couple of Aliums in a hallway.
5: I like how the ship flew in unnoticed.
6: Predator putting Alien head on spear in the flashback
7: Surface Mass-kill with some fantastic shots
8: Jump-Cloak

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 07, 2010, 11:42:16 AM
Even Wolf could do that. Buddy, I see no skill there :-\
If that is not skill I can't see skill in Predators at all.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteWhat are you talking about?

Scar, without looking, preempted an Alien's sneak attack and cut off its face. Let's remember what we're dealing with here - Aliens are the ridiculously, unfathomably terrifying hybrid of a Ringwraith, a dragon and Spiderman. Put a Ringwraith, a dragon and Spiderman in a blender, and if a lifeform walks out it's an Alien.

Scar played the Alien's own game and won without breaking a sweat.

Celtic did it also.
I don't see the difference.  Preds have perfect abilities, and they can hear aliens. Sneaking is not only aliens game, not to mention that preds know aliens, and xenos don't know it. this knowledge is a very important advantage.
I have no skills, just because I hear someone sneaking up on me, and stab him in the heart.

QuoteIf that is not skill I can't see skill in Predators at all.
Well, that's your own thingy, sorry. Not meant as a pun, please don't think so.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Thingy? How is that not skill, if it is a perfect example of a Predator's skill?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 07, 2010, 11:54:48 AMCeltic did it also.
I don't see the difference.  Preds have perfect abilities, and they can hear aliens. Sneaking is not only aliens game, not to mention that preds know aliens, and xenos don't know it. this knowledge is a very important advantage.
I have no skills, just because I hear someone sneaking up on me, and stab him in the heart.

In P1 and P2, we don't get examples of them having advanced hearing. Sure, we hear things louder, but at the ranges presented to us, they wouldn't be out of earshot. Plus, they're all distorted as f**k.

So there's no absolute that says Predators can always hear sneaking Aliens. Aliens are the sneak masters. Think about how soundless Spike was when he pulled his victims above into the ventilation system. Small sound for dragging a still-living body up by one hand. Perhaps Predators are better at detecting Aliens in general. Fair point. But that's not to say that they automatically perceive Aliens when they're present. Gill got gutted by an Alien earlier, which is the point of comparison.

Gill, who did shit all (and yet is still presented to us as a competent Predator) got wtfpwned by an Alien sneak attack. Celtic almost got taken in as well, but died despite his fast reactions. Scar, alone, came to the Alien's playing board and cleaned up.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 07, 2010, 12:05:44 PM
Gill got gutted by Scar earlier, which is the point of comparison.
???

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Fixed, but the mental image is balls-out awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed