Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,285 times)

Sol

Sol

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2008, 12:35:38 AM
The original intention of Alien was that the Alien reproduced via turning people into eggs.

This didn't make the final cut, and so the Queen was introduced.

Same deal here. What was intended didn't make it on-screen, so it's stupid trying to say it means anything when there's nothing in the film to back it up.

Entirely not the same thing. The "egg concept" in it's entirety was cut. Wolf being the superior to the Aliens was shown.

Are you even trying, anymore? And great move ignoring my beautiful rebuttals. Great show.

SiL

SiL

Sorry, I didn't actually read your post because I knew what you were going to say regarding the whole "but it's there!" deal.

It isn't there.

Wolf does kill Aliens, yes.

Wolf does dominate those Aliens, yes.

No, Wolf is not a good fighter. He's beating up paraplegics.

As for the long ranged thing, yeah. Stop, grab a disk, open it up, and throw it, and pray the Alien doesn't do anything while you're doing so (perfect if it was in AvPR), or react immediately. As for cutting off the tail, that was smart. He took away the Alien's advantage and, as you see, Aliens have acid blood in AvP. Stabbing it while it was above him would've got him seriously burned.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2008, 12:39:38 AM
It isn't there.

Wolf does kill Aliens, yes.

Wolf does dominate those Aliens, yes.

Point, match.

QuoteNo, Wolf is not a good fighter. He's beating up paraplegics.

According to you, and not the plot implications being given.

QuoteAs for the long ranged thing, yeah. Stop, grab a disk, open it up, and throw it, and pray the Alien doesn't do anything while you're doing so (perfect if it was in AvPR), or react immediately.

Like what, teleport out the way? The Alien better pray his aiming wasn't good, which judging by his swipes with his wristies, was poor.

QuoteAs for cutting off the tail, that was smart. He took away the Alien's advantage and, as you see, Aliens have acid blood in AvP. Stabbing it while it was above him would've got him seriously burned.

What Celtic did was give the Alien a ranged weapon (he seriously f**ked up, there), and then proceeded to stand in place, as the Alien flung (after what, three tries?) acid from his tail onto Celtic's chest, removing vital protection in the form of chest armor. Celtic is a tactical genius, I tell you.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sol on May 14, 2008, 12:56:26 AM
Point, match.
Nope.

QuoteAccording to you, and not the plot implications being given.
F**ck the plot implications. They don't stand for shit after the film has been released.

There were two times Celtic could've used his long ranged weapons, but he opted to charge at the Alien instead. The first time, the Alien was woozy and he tackled it through a pillar. The second time, it splashed him with acid. That's it.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2008, 01:01:35 AM
Nope.

Yes. Yes, point match. You restated what I said from the get-go.

F**ck the plot implications. They don't stand for shit after the film has been released.

You're not even arguing on the same page. You're upset that Wolf wasn't accurately shown to be superior to characters outside the film (within the realms of your own personal standards), while acknowledging the bare bones purpose of Wolf, and his plot.

Somewhere here, you're doing something wrong.

QuoteThere were two times Celtic could've used his long ranged weapons, but he opted to charge at the Alien instead. The first time, the Alien was woozy and he tackled it through a pillar. The second time, it splashed him with acid. That's it.

Exactly didoodley. He had opportunities to easily take out the Alien, but failed to do so. Hello 'SiL's plight with Requiem's Aliens!

Double standard, much?

Do you feel that you have to be right, in spite of being absurdly wrong? Why can't you accept what's plainly in front of you. I pretty much agreed the fight scenes were less than stellar. I agree the implications of the script indeed has flaws. But I won't ignore the fact of what he was supposed to be, and while faulty, it was shown to be thus. Certainly, if this wasn't true, we wouldn't be arguing about said subject right now, now would we?

SiL

SiL

You have to acknowledge the core concept if you're going to say they missed showing it.

And all you're saying in this entire argument is "No, you're wrong." That's it. There's nothing to back it up, it's just "This is what they intended, therefor you're wrong."

Anderson intended for his Predators to be older and more experienced than the originals. Are we going to start accepting that as a fact now? You despise the AvP Preds, but lo! They're superior to the originals because that's what Anderson said!

It just doesn't work like that.

I'm not a fan of the Predators in AvP. I really do not care for Celtic. But I'm not blind. He actually fought. I can say he's a better fighter because he's actually seen fighting. Wolf isn't.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2008, 01:12:26 AM
And all you're saying in this entire argument is "No, you're wrong." That's it. There's nothing to back it up, it's just "This is what they intended, therefor you're wrong."

No, no. The evidence of Wolf's superiority was made clear, several times. Several. You choosing to arbitrarily ignore it is a terrible fault of yours.

You're arguing semantics time, and time again. Wolf bested the Aliens in the same fashion as Grid bested the Preds in AVP. Opportunities missed, by creatures shown to be much more competent than they were portrayed to be in each flick. Yet, your obvious bias (towards Aliens) allows it to seemingly be Okey doeky in AVP, yet a total f**k up in Requiem.

There's something incredibly errorenous with this. You know, I know it. Everyone knows it. I seem to be one of the only members here, man enough to state the obvious.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sol on May 14, 2008, 01:21:55 AM
The evidence of Wolf's superiority was made clear, several times.
Over those Aliens, yes.

Over any other Alien? No. Over any other Predator? No.

Just over those Aliens.

QuoteYet, your obvious bias (towards Aliens) allows it to seemingly be Okey doeky in AVP, yet a total f**k up in Requiem.
Every single damned Predator has died because it was acting like a cocky asshole. Every single one. There's a precedence for Celtic's stupidity.

There's no precedence for Aliens hanging limp when in arm's reach of someone and not doing anything about it other than wriggle a little.

And now you bring up Vasquez and I sigh heavily.

Sol

Sol

No, I shall bring up absolutely nothing in rebuttal. I'm sick, slightly tired, and I have to work early in the morning.

It's clear that logic doesn't dictate the greater functions of your argument. Instead, you choose to argue, just to argue.

It's clear your beef would be constant, regardless of how the fights [in Requiem] played out, because you see it clearly the Aliens should win.

With all my current ailments keeping me from going reply to reply, in a pointless tornado of silliness, I'll just stop altogether, for the moment.

Hopefully, you snap out of this at some point. If not, whatever. No sweat off my brow.

HF

HF

Quote from: Sol on May 14, 2008, 01:21:55 AM
No, no. The evidence of Wolf's superiority was made clear, several times. Several. You choosing to arbitrarily ignore it is a terrible fault of yours.

No, no. The evidence of Wolf's superiority was made clear, several times by the poor judgement and decisions of biased directors. Several. You choosing to arbitrarily ignore it is a terrible fault of yours.

It would infact be better for you to stop this argument.

gameoverman

gameoverman

It's pretty cut and dry:

Wolf punches an alien - the alien is temporarily incapacitated.

Wolf gives an alien a slight push (the one by the elevator) - the alien doesn't get up for several seconds.

An alien jumps on Wolf - Wolf throws it over his shoulder, unaffected.

Wolf grabs two aliens by the throat and the flail around like retards.

Wolf sneaks up on an alien, despite the alien not having any eyes, twice.

All this shows that the aliens in AVPR were nothing but retarded.

The aliens in AVP were never shown to be better than predators, just that they can be at least equal in combat.

Sol

Sol

I'm so tired.

Quote from: HF on May 14, 2008, 01:53:58 AM
No, no. The evidence of Wolf's superiority was made clear, several times by the poor judgement and decisions of biased directors. Several. You choosing to arbitrarily ignore it is a terrible fault of yours.

You wholly contradicted yourself there, HF.

What was the point to this? Why even post if you didn't plan on contributing something to the thread, other than straight nonsense? Raising your post count? Riding SiL's nuts? Either way, stop. Or keep going, doesn't make a difference to me, in the long run.

Quote from: gameoverman on May 14, 2008, 02:00:47 AM
The aliens in AVP were never shown to be better than predators, just that they can be at least equal in combat.

Did you not read anything posted in the past several pages? Let's not start hopping in, until everything stated previously by the two parties involved, is read, and understood.

I specifcally stated everything SiL, you, and whomever the hell else finds faulty with the Aliens in Requiem, the Preds suffered from in AVP. Everything.

It's hard keeping your cool, and being level headed with this, when everything brought up in this debate is f**king shouldered, and ignored, but utilized as if the validity of the claims only works in your favor.

No, how dare you. Shame on you, all. The sheer audacity.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Sol on May 14, 2008, 02:41:52 AM
I'm so tired.

Quote from: HF on May 14, 2008, 01:53:58 AM

You wholly contradicted yourself there, HF.

What was the point to this? Why even post if you didn't plan on contributing something to the thread, other than straight nonsense? Raising your post count? Riding SiL's nuts? Either way, stop. Or keep going, doesn't make a difference to me, in the long run.

Quote from: gameoverman on May 14, 2008, 02:00:47 AM

Did you not read anything posted in the past several pages? Let's not start hopping in, until everything stated previously by the two parties involved, is read, and understood.

I specifcally stated everything SiL, you, and whomever the hell else finds faulty with the Aliens in Requiem, the Preds suffered from in AVP. Everything.

It's hard keeping your cool, and being level headed with this, when everything brought up in this debate is f**king shouldered, and ignored, but utilized as if the validity of the claims only works in your favor.

No, how dare you you. Shame on you, all. The sheer audacity.

I did read through the replies and none of your arguments convinced me where the preds were shown to be underpowered, while I just gave you a whole host of arguments why the aliens in AVPR were.

Celtic put up a good fight with Grid and even won right until the very end when he got cocky and then got owned (just like the predator in Predator 2 when he was about to kill Harrigan).

Gill was killed by surprise attack, paralysed through impalement through the spine so he couldn't do anything.

Scar pretty much dominated the aliens in most fights he was in except for one alien that gave him a surprise attack and impaled his shoulder and the Queen.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: gameoverman on May 14, 2008, 02:47:30 AM
I did read through the replies and none of your arguments convinced me where the preds were shown to be underpowered, while I just gave you a whole host of arguments why the aliens in AVPR were.

Apparently you didn't.

Most of the last page dealt with the Celtic "battle". "...none of your arguments convinced me..." is code for "Yea yea that's true, but I like Aliens more, and they should win, right?".

And don't know where "Power levels" came into the picture, but my blight is with the Predators sheer stupidity, not how strong they are. The latter is a result of the competence, or lack thereof displayed by the Predators.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Sol on May 14, 2008, 02:41:52 AM

No, how dare you. Shame on you, all. The sheer audacity.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed