Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,398 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 29, 2012, 02:44:14 AM
I've only seen the film once and don't remember many of the details, but could they have potentially come from the women in the hospital? Or was there not enough time between the bursting/the Alien 'infestation' (if you can even call it that)?

I've been updating the Alien Timeline with AvP:Poo and Prometheus, which lead to me having to watch the former again.  The women at the hospital get barfed in while Dallas et al. are holed up at the sports store.  They burst just after they escape the sports store.  The power goes off at 10:10pm and Morales speaks to Stevens at around 1:30am.  So she and the others in maternity are impregnated and bursts between those times.

Factor in AvP with the < 10 minute life cycle, and you could have full size Aliens from the women by the time Dallas and co end up at the hospital.  The huggers who got the hunter and his kid however, seem to have normal life cycles akin to the ones in the Alien films (about 9-10 hours in this instance), rather than the stupidity of AvP.

QuoteI mean, there's a flipped over, burning car within an hour or so of the Aliens leaving the sewer. Why?

When you need to say "CHAOS!", nothing says it like a flipped over, burning car...
Rhyme?  Reason?  They need them not...

SiL

SiL

Why is it on fire?

*runs in circles, arms flailing*

SM

SM

Someone swevered to avoid an Alien in the road and rolled the car, leaking petrol caught fire.

Happens all the time (in movies).

Especially when it's wet. 

(Just ignore the fact it's wet and still on fire...)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2012, 02:34:39 AM
I'm pretty sure the national guard shoot more Aliens than logically could've been left from the sewer, let alone the ones that actually kill them. The whole timing of the thing doesn't make sense. It's like Aliens just magic themselves into existence once Chet walks out of the sewer.

IIRC, I think only three Aliens, maybe four were killed. As for being shot, well we could get into another "Aliens are supposed to be tough but AvP:R Aliens were weak" argument of sorts, but that's been done to death.

SM

SM

There's no need for that argument again.  The Predator pwns Aliens with gay abandon, but the humans seem generally powerless.  Kelly seems to shoot a lot of Aliens on the roof, but we never really see them being killed.  Just seems to force them back a a bit.  'Cept that one she shoots through the windscreen - that fortunately had no acid blood whatsoever.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think that was the toughest Alien in the entire film. Even after being blasted with Wolf's hand cannon by Dallas, it was still moving. Piss poor shot in terms of suit work, but tough all the same.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think the one in the Power Plant was the best one.

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2012, 12:36:01 PM
I think that was the toughest Alien in the entire film. Even after being blasted with Wolf's hand cannon by Dallas, it was still moving. Piss poor shot in terms of suit work, but tough all the same.

The one Kelly shoots off the front of da choppa is different to the one Dallas and Ricky shoot.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I just re-watched the scene. It looks like the same one.

SM

SM

When da choppa takes off there's two bodies.  One at the front that Kelly shot and another at the side that Dallas shot.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Where did the second one come from?

SM

SM

QuoteOne at the front that Kelly shot and another at the side that Dallas shot.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The one that Dallas show was already injured, hence why it was crawling towards Ricky. It couldn't have been the one that was over his head in an earlier scene because its head was gone.

SiL

SiL

Alien crawls towards chopper (on hands and knees. Ugh.)

Ricky shoots it.

Dallas blows its head open with the Predator pistol.

Ricky shoots it some more.

It dies.

The end.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes, I remember how it happened but what I'm wondering is where the heck did it crawl from in the first place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed