Another New Picture

Started by Shasvre, Jan 14, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Author
Another New Picture (Read 59,124 times)

Topazora

Topazora

I love how everybody just assumes that when we say "God created man in His image", it must mean that God looks like a human.
The reason I don't like the whole giant human in the suit is that it confuses me into wondering are we in the Alien universe or Star Trek?
I want the SJ to be completely alien, I don't have a problem with them being humanoid, but I don't want them to be humans that just overly tall with a few lumps on the forehead.  The only reason humans should look the we do is because of what and where we came from: apes and Earth.  The SJ just gave us the ability to have sentience and being able to stand up right.

Spoiler
I hope I didn't sound too emotional in this post :-\ apologies if I did, didn't mean to.
[close]

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Ok, here is my best attempt at debunking the whole "Bald Trailer Guy + Spacesuit = Space Jockey" myth. Take it as you will...

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/ChrisPachi/NotTheJockey.jpg

-Chris

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

My theory:
btw nice pics, but i think those jockeys are just empty suits standing there and did anybody notice the ground before them? it's the "star map" that popped out a few months back were the props were took down and lots of shit/other work was seen.

To the story: it was speculated if the jockey in Alien is Noomi, well, what if Noomi wanted to prevent the derelict from transporting the eggs to earth (the gods wanted to punish prometheus/humanity) slipped in a jockey suit and crashed on LV426. we know/think that the derelict in Prometheus is not the one from LV426 so there are maybe 2 in the movie...

Dunno....

Toy

Toy

I like the suits, I'm not worried I'm still very convinced they're punking us by giving this away and that there's another race besides the tall humanoids. One that's a creature underneath, but uses the suits of their masters and ends up helping humanity, again. Yes it's true many religions/cultures portrayed their gods as very human-like; especially the pantheistic gods who have individual personalities and character faults. Zeus was always cheating on Rhea etc., but a common theme is that there are always classes of less tangible creatures mixed in with those "'gods". In the Greek myth, at first the Titans were actually the Elder Gods in the cosmology. Basically the first ruling class of true Gods that later gets replaced by the gods of Mt. Olympus. This puts the Olympian gods in the position to punish, and make war with the Titans. In many cultures there is the image of the old, bearded god figure like Odin, the Judeo-christian god image, Zeus, and to an extent Osiris.  Although people in the past assigned human characteristic to a lot of the ruling gods, there's mention of other forces in a lot of the earlier thoughts of those cultures. The Titans/Elder gods are just one example, and later on in the myths they are more anthropomorphic, but I don't think these are the tall human "gods" spoke of in alien astronaut theory.

Even in the Judeo-christian myths you have characters like Jehova, who sounds like he actually could have been wearing some giant suit, or a weird creature himself.  The many different choirs of angels are interesting, and the archangel Michael is said to be extremely tall when he manifests.
If you take it to alien astronaut theory and try to connect to the myths, there's still mention of non-humanoids when you really look at it.  Daniken doesn't focus on this like some others do, because even for serious researchers there wouldn't be much to go on.  Daniken does sometimes cover these things.  The mysterious "Watchers"/Anasazi/Ant-people or what looks and sounds like our current idea of the grey aliens are possible contenders with the saucer craft being included.
Then you have things that are more Lovecraftian and in the vein of "at the mountains of madness" coming from some of the Egyptian/Sumerian stuff mixed in with the more humanoid sounding gods.
Still so many possibilities if they really dive into either the mythology or alien astronaut theory.  People who theorize that the grey aliens were the "Watchers" (or some variation when translated from other cultures) think they may have been a slave race of the interstellar humanoids at some point in the past.
I'm not saying it has to look like E.T. But they could easily place any creature design in that subordinate role, aka what became of the Titans, the classes of angels, various creatures of Norse mythology, and what some think happened to the alien greys by the Nephillim/Annunaki of AA theory.
Not saying I believe all this stuff, all the analogies found cross-culturally show is that these myths of very similar characters took shape in different cultures and language, most likely being transferred from culture to culture. When you trace it all back, it leads to Egypt, the middle-east/Sumer, and ancient India.  Where we first see things like the flood tale.  When monotheism took over much of the other characters of the myths were forgotten or relegated to being in one of the choirs of angels. Even the pitchfork, and three-pronged staff of the Devil and Lucifer could relate to Poseidon/Triton and Hades.  The caduceus appears a lot too.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 15, 2012, 09:53:18 AM
Ok, here is my best attempt at debunking the whole "Bald Trailer Guy + Spacesuit = Space Jockey" myth. Take it as you will...

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/ChrisPachi/NotTheJockey.jpg

-Chris
You did not factor in where the objects are in relation to the camera. The Jockey chair is closer to the camera than the alleged Engineer--of course it's going to look bigger than him.  :-\

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 15, 2012, 10:16:41 AMYou did not factor in where the objects are in relation to the camera. The Jockey chair is closer to the camera than the alleged Engineer--of course it's going to look bigger than him.  :-\

Not that much closer. Look at the shot again, and check the platform. The humanoid figure is in the middle-ground with the chair.

-Chris

Infected

Infected

Maybe the middle chair is for the real god who can travel through space long enough and the tombs are for the humanoid giants because they cant with stand long space travel because of time is still relevant to them and to the jockey it isnt.
See them as hyper space cryo units.
Every king/god has its servants.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Infected on Jan 15, 2012, 10:59:56 AMEvery king/god has its servants.

This ^

There is no Jockey here.

-Chris

bobkind3

bobkind3

Looks like these castings are legit - they match the statue/suits whatever

Toy

Toy

Gravity relating to body size? Hmm... that's what some theorists purpose for why the humanoid beings are taller than us. Developing under a different gravity or something, but otherwise identical. Or some of the more out there theories talk about the demi-gods and gods possibly being differing levels of hybrids of homo sapiens, Neaderthal & Cro-magnon man, and a much taller creature.  When any of them interbreed with humans mishaps can occur. Sometimes producing offspring with humans that were giants and monsters. Heracles/Hercules was said to be massive, he was no ordinary half-human like Disney and the old tv show liked to portray him.  He was 15ft tall when you convert from cubits according to some of the myths. 

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: bobkind3 on Jan 15, 2012, 11:26:03 AMLooks like these castings are legit - they match the statue/suits whatever

Darkness got the 'remove or die' notice from Fox, so they are legit. Not a Space Jockey though.

-Chris

Bayo

Bayo

what Malakak mention reminds me of the nephilim(offpring of fallen angels with earth women).
giants that walked the planet thousands of years ago.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Imo people are getting WAY too emotional over the appearence of the jockey.  Heck the aspect/size of the jockey was screwed up in the original film.  First they filmed it with kids in space suites to make it look huge, and then they filmed the close-ups with full size actors.

Who is to say that all members of the jockey species come in the same size/shape/flavor?  Isn't it possible that there are differences based on their function?  They are biomechanical ffs.  We could have a version for piloting the ship, or a janitor version that keeps the space jockey bathrooms nice and clean  ;D  We don't know.  For those who are having a REALLY difficult time with this;  I would say delete all the Prometheus related bookmarks and don't see the movie.  That way your enamorment with the original SJ won't be tainted by a possible alternative view.

I'm in agreement with those who think that the giant blue humanoid does not go into the SJ suit.  IMO the giant blue humanoids are the GOD alien, and the SJ's are their/it's servants.  I also have a feeling that the creature inside the suit is going to be VERY small.  Possibly the native home for a primordial chest burster like creature that the giant blue alien controls. 

1) Suits get created or grown.
2) Primordial face huggerish creature attaches to suit and lays an embryo.
3) Embyo matures and actually becomes one with the suit in a symbiotic relationship.  Does not BURST.
4) Giant blue humanoid can control SJ beings to do his bidding.

Highland

Highland

Makes me think the Blue guy won't actually be an integral part of the story. I mean Ian White is hardly known for his acting abilities' , he's a creature actor. Which would leave the question, just what is his purpose??

On that, I'd have a guess that the SJ are at the top of the pecking order, with the Blue guy being nothing more than a bad ass alien security guard.

Perhaps the crew inadvertently arrive at the wrong time and are seen as intruders?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I don't like the boots, I'd rather see toes sticking out

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 15, 2012, 12:27:43 AM
I still don't understand the hate for the idea of the Jockey being a humanoid in a suit. Why is that concept bad? No really, I want to understand this. I love the idea that the enemy looks a bit like us (or what we might think is the enemy).

I think that a good number of people would like the space jockey to be an extra-terrestrial that didn't look like anything that came from Earth. I don't mind Scott having giant human ETs but I wish he didn't make out that the space jockeys had humans inside them.

It also makes me feel ill every time I read Damon Lindelof promising something about this film

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed