Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 745,333 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Doing that to the Expanded Universe is one thing, the film Anthology most people who know what Alien is own, is completely another.

As I've said before, Alien is a Terminator tier franchise in terms of notoriety, so middle tier- it doesn't nearly reach Star Wars' heights in that regard. The idea of bringing back the original lead and playing on people's nostalgia, failed for Terminator even though the former franchise is probably considerably more accessible, not being necessarily a horror franchise, so that approach with the Alien franchise? Failure is a certainty.

The only option is forward, with perhaps a more modest budget, perhaps with one last Prequel.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

At least it would render this thread moot.

Huggs

Huggs

Then it should remain decidedly un-moot.

Alien Primordial Origin

Alien Primordial Origin

Personally, I like alien 3 (just like, not love). Alien 3 is not a bad movie.  But I don't mind if it get retcon in the near future.

Judging from overwhelming negative reception of Alien 3. I wouldn't be surprise if it get retcon in the future.  Alien and Aliens are the only two solid installment in the franchsie that cannot be erased/ retconned from the canon.

As for how did the egg get onboard the Sulaco.

My theory is when Bishop was ripped in half by the Queen.  The Queen left some genetic material(similar to black goo) inside Bishop lower part. It  consuming materials inside Bishop lower part and morph into an egg. (My theory is inspire by William Gibson script)
There are still more aspects of the Xenomorph life cycle that have we have yet to learn about.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 12, 2019, 03:33:25 AM
At least it would render this thread moot.

The Old One

The Old One

Again, Disney is about profit not anything else, that's why it's not happening as I explained above. From what I gather from most places, as I am, and was in the past on multiple forums- is actually that most people consider the first three all solid, with the majority obviously considering the first two perfect, and arguing over putting one above the other. Usually that discussion eventually involves AlienĀ³ with people lamenting the deaths of certain key characters, but with a lot of people praising it and telling others to watch the Special Edition.

Most people don't even talk about Resurrection.

The majority of people appear to contain equal destain for Prometheus and Covenant, mainly because of the characterisation, contrivances and demystifying the SJ and Alien. But a group does enjoy them, or one of them, even just conceptually, while waiting for a final one to do everything right the last ones did wrong and wrap up the story.

Dingbat

Dingbat

But actually, if we would consider the queen dropping DNA in the ship to be a possibility, would that also mean that the queen in AVP could've done the same? So there could be a small island full of xenomorphs in antarctica.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2019, 03:02:33 AMI think there was talk at one point of just keeping Alien and Aliens and using them as the jumping off point for EU stuff.

James A. Moore said that was the initial standpoint when he was writing Sea of Sorrows, but then Fox changed their minds and had him rework it to reference Resurrection as having happened too.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 12, 2019, 04:24:45 AMMy theory is when Bishop was ripped in half by the Queen.  The Queen left some genetic material(similar to black goo) inside Bishop lower part. It  consuming materials inside Bishop lower part and morph into an egg. (My theory is inspire by William Gibson script)

Not bad.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Goddamn Royal Jelly crap again.

Lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Tis the season

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 13, 2019, 01:45:01 PM
Goddamn Royal Jelly crap again.

Lol

There's not enough royal jelly in your life.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm imagining some high end, delicious jelly for a rich guys 300$ PB&J sandwich.

Huggs

Huggs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed