Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 742,898 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 26, 2018, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 25, 2018, 10:45:13 PM
I always thought it was odd that they'd be armed with the same state-of-the-art firepower as the marines.

Funny that, I always thought it was odd that schoolkids in your country would be armed with the same state-of-the-art firepower as your marines.

It's not even close.

Vermillion

Vermillion

They do have a point

SM

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 26, 2018, 09:42:01 PM
I always thought it was odd that they'd be armed with the same state-of-the-art firepower as the marines.

Funny that, I always thought it was odd that schoolkids in your country would be armed with the same state-of-the-art firepower as your marines.

It's not even close.

Yeah it'd depend on how good the marines are at Madden.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2018, 11:20:23 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 26, 2018, 09:42:01 PM

It's not even close.

Yeah it'd depend on how good the marines are at Madden.
Ouch, a bit soon, eh. Although it's not that hard to get licenses for state of the art firepower in the US. Lots of mercenary crews here. There had to have been a security team of some sort embedded with the colony. Naturally ex-marine, probably. However military weapons usually only differ in rate of fire and quality of materials. You can get just as good weapons in the civilian market even today. I mean a Volvo works just as good as a bmw to plow over aliens.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why must there have been more than a colonial marshal and a few deputies?  I wouldn't be surprised if they had nothing more potent than shotguns either.  After all, we're talking about a small town on a planet with no indigenous life.

Vermillion

Vermillion

How many Aliens did the colony bag before the Marines showed up?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 27, 2018, 01:01:19 AM
Why must there have been more than a colonial marshal and a few deputies?  I wouldn't be surprised if they had nothing more potent than shotguns either.  After all, we're talking about a small town on a planet with no indigenous life.

Probably in case the likes of Elgyn and his mateys decided to pitch up.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Since it's Weyland-Yutani, and there were at least 6 security officers tagging along to protect the would-be colonists in A:C, there was probably something similar at the Hadley's colony.

There was a small contingent of marines, led by Brackett in the River of Pain novel if that counts.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

There has to be some sort of security team. If just to keep pirates at bay. lol I wonder if they ever checked the jail on Hadley's Hope. I mean there has to be at least one cell for the town drunk. Dudes probably still locked up.

However besmirching the sulaco egg thread this may be... I wonder, just how many aliens got recused from their lives by those juicy colonist?

Anyone got some hard numbers?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 28, 2018, 03:42:57 AM
There has to be some sort of security team. If just to keep pirates at bay. lol I wonder if they ever checked the jail on Hadley's Hope. I mean there has to be at least one cell for the town drunk. Dudes probably still locked up.

Processor blowing probably made a nice escape hatch for him. Now he's free to rule Acheron as its one and only king and savior. All hail....Bob...Conarsky. Got that kingly ring to it, if I do say so myself.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 27, 2018, 10:03:13 PM
Since it's Weyland-Yutani, and there were at least 6 security officers tagging along to protect the would-be colonists in A:C, there was probably something similar at the Hadley's colony.

But that was on a big ship with over 2,000 passengers venturing into the unknown during the early days of extrasolar colonization.

Hadley's Hope was a little old mining town with a population of fewer than 200 people.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 28, 2018, 04:25:51 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 28, 2018, 03:42:57 AM

Processor blowing probably made a nice escape hatch for him. Now he's free to rule Acheron as its one and only king and savior. All hail....Bob...Conarsky. Got that kingly ring to it, if I do say so myself.
Well that name would fit with in the alien universe quite nicely. Maybe he makes friends with one of the injured but not dead aliens. Assuming the prison was outside of the immediate blast zone. Ha! They probably made a campfire and Hudson is telling stories such as that one time he tried to hustle some legal secretary chick and pissed himself instead.

However back on to that alien egg scene in alien 3, let's just cut it and the ox out. Even if some scenes make no sense we still could tweak the audio to fix it.

There were 6 guards for a primary crew of 20... so probably 600 of those 2000 colonist had some form of training in security with 300 being space cops.

SM

SM

QuoteHowever back on to that alien egg scene in alien 3, let's just cut it and the ox out.

They tried that.  Didn't test so good.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Here's your security detail.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If he were in the middle of the hive, he could even say "mosht thingsh in here don't react too well to bulletsh."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed