Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 743,278 times)

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 09:35:32 PMBishop was made by WY, going by A3. Ash was Hyperdyne.

But Ash was Hyperdyne as well, Burke says that in the scene before cornbread comment.

So how does that refute my theory? If Bishop is same company as Ash, Ash was programmed to bring back the lifeform (Xenomorph).

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 27, 2023, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 09:35:32 PMBishop was made by WY, going by A3. Ash was Hyperdyne.

But Ash was Hyperdyne as well, Burke says that in the scene before cornbread comment.

So how does that refute my theory? If Bishop is same company as Ash, Ash was programmed to bring back the lifeform (Xenomorph).

It 100% was not Bishop.

1: If it were Bishop, the egg would be stored safely in stasis for return to the company labs.

2: If he wished to infect the ship, he would place the egg on the ground, not mount it in an awkward position.

3: The egg is surrounded by secreted resin. Bishop didn't secrete it.

4: the egg is most likely under the floor, adjacent to the cryo chamber, evidence would suggest beneath the loading bay, the same under-floor crawl space as we saw Newt trying to avoid the queen.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

To me its not Bishop was like Ash, but programming forced him, like the T-X did in Terminator 3, so Bishop wouldn't be a villian, but controlled by codes that Ash was controlled by, only Bishop wanted to resist said commands, but couldn't.

Alien3 has writing mess, so I get I ma trying to rationalize what is a clusterfarrik. 

SiL

SiL

Bishop was (maybe?) made by WY but owned and operated by the government. Or made by Hyperdyne. It's unclear.

Ash was made by Hyperdyne but owned and operated by WY.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 10:51:48 PM

Bishop was (maybe?) made by WY but owned and operated by the government. Or made by Hyperdyne. It's unclear.

Ash was made by Hyperdyne but owned and operated by WY.

Are these distinctions in the films? I have watched them so many times and Weyland comed across as the goverment.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 27, 2023, 10:56:13 PMAre these distinctions in the films? I have watched them so many times and Weyland comed across as the goverment.
All of this is in the movies. The Company is never shown as the government, or above the government.

The entire plot of Aliens is based on the Company not being part of or more powerful than the government. It's made very clear throughout, such as when Ripley tells Burke has no authority despite being the only Company representative present.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 11:00:15 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 27, 2023, 10:56:13 PMAre these distinctions in the films? I have watched them so many times and Weyland comed across as the goverment.
All of this is in the movies. The Company is never shown as the government, or above the government.

The entire plot of Aliens is based on the Company not being part of or more powerful than the government. It's made very clear throughout, such as when Ripley tells Burke has no authority despite being the only Company representative present.

Now I remember its when Ripley says "Corp. Hicks has authority," not Burke. Need to do a rewatch and pay attention to the politics between govt and Weyland.

SiL

SiL

In the inquiry scene, Burke is the only person from the company.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 11:16:30 PMIn the inquiry scene, Burke is the only person from the company.

Theatrical or Director's Cut?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yes

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 28, 2023, 01:14:20 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 11:16:30 PMIn the inquiry scene, Burke is the only person from the company.

Both. There's no difference in who is present.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on May 28, 2023, 01:21:50 AM

Well sometimes there is more exposition and detail in director's cuts, and I watch the theatrical version almost exclusively, so I wasn't sure if more scenes covered the govt in The Inquiry scene.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 28, 2023, 01:31:19 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 28, 2023, 01:21:50 AM

Well sometimes there is more exposition and detail in director's cuts, and I watch the theatrical version almost exclusively, so I wasn't sure if more scenes covered the govt in The Inquiry scene.
The DC has a brief scene where Burke explains who's present to Ripley, while delivering news about her dead daughter.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 27, 2023, 10:06:26 PM

It 100% was not Bishop.

1: If it were Bishop, the egg would be stored safely in stasis for return to the company labs.

2: If he wished to infect the ship, he would place the egg on the ground, not mount it in an awkward position.

4: the egg is most likely under the floor, adjacent to the cryo chamber, evidence would suggest beneath the loading bay, the same under-floor crawl space as we saw Newt trying to avoid the queen.

Just to pose the open question: Why didn't the writers /make/ Bishop's wound the cause of the outbreak? The Queen's stab leaving Genetic material has always made way more sense to me when I've seen the draft Alien 3 scripts than the lazy result we get in the finished film of "It was with us all the way". Whatever, this was/is 20th Century we're dealing with.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: caffeine4671 on May 28, 2023, 02:53:27 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 27, 2023, 10:06:26 PM

It 100% was not Bishop.

Just to pose the open question: Why didn't the writers /make/ Bishop's wound the cause of the outbreak? The Queen's stab leaving Genetic material has always made way more sense to me when I've seen the draft Alien 3 scripts than the lazy result we get in the finished film of "It was with us all the way". Whatever, this was/is 20th Century we're dealing with.

Oh that's in the original Alien3 script which is now a book in bookstores.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed