Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 64,572 times)

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 26, 2023, 10:23:38 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 26, 2023, 08:10:41 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 26, 2023, 07:49:43 PMMaybe seen some of an upcoming movie as well 🤫🤐.

Don't say that, Mike.

Don't tease us like that.

The rest of we, frail mortals, are not capable of acting rationally after reading those words.

One day I'll spill all the beans on how I got to this point. 😎

Maybe I'll spill the spoiled Blomkamp beans too. Gotta talk to a few folks on that front before I can share anything.

That would be wonderful. Ive no hate for Blomkamp though I believe people when they say we dodged a bullet. I'm just always fascinated to see any filmmaker's take on this franchise.

T Dog

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 27, 2023, 08:49:21 AM6 arms then. Got it.
Spider-Alien confirmed!

Immortan Jonesy

It could be the Mandela effect but I seem to remember that one of the Alien designs from Neil Blomkamp's project had extra limbs🙃🙏

DaveT937

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 27, 2023, 05:57:32 PMIt could be the Mandela effect but I seem to remember that one of the Alien designs from Neil Blomkamp's project had extra limbs🙃🙏
I think you're bang on there, from memory.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 27, 2023, 05:57:32 PMIt could be the Mandela effect but I seem to remember that one of the Alien designs from Neil Blomkamp's project had extra limbs🙃🙏

You're correct. There are photos of it out there. Neil gifted one to Joe Rogan. I've photographed it, but was told not to share to potentially upset relationships with Blomkamp and the studios (Also why I haven't spilled the details on the film). Even though he's posted photos himself.

AvPGalaxy even wrote an article. Maybe one day I'll be able to share my photos of it.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/01/08/podcaster-joe-rogan-shows-studioadi-alien-5-maquette-in-studio/amp/

skhellter

The last comment Neill made about his movie was "i couldnt care less what happens to alien."

I dont think his relationship with fox/disney can be damaged any further.

Mike’s Monsters

And after he'd made those comments I immediately messaged my contacts and asked if I could share, who then said not to. It's not so black and white, unfortunately.

PortugueseXeno

There was a time where a Neil Blomkamp Alien movie was on the top of my priority list, but after all these years, i couldn't give 2 shits about it.

Why?

Well, because all this talk of retconning/replacing Alien 3 started to make me mad lol, not to mention how fan-serveicy the concept art of Neil's Alien was.

It felt like a "Remember" check box but with a Neil Blomkamp aesthetic on top of it.

Also, District 9 was great, Elysium was good but after that, turd after turd.

Haven't watched Gran Turismo yet, and to be frank, i'm starting to get scared for District 10.

ralfy

One reason why they have to retcon, or generally reboot the franchise, is because the time it took to come up with the prequels was too long, such that those expected to watch them likely didn't know about or had never seen the earlier movies due to their youth.

Another reason is that they've run out of ideas, so they have to bring back characters or formulae that worked in the past, and that's done in various genres and franchises, e.g., thieves encountering aliens, like thieves encountering zombies, etc.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Any ideas for how this will happen?

Personally, i have two ideas:

1 - The Romulus space station that our new batch of characters (young adults) will board, had previosuly made contact with the Covenant ship and brought something back with them.

2 - Some exposition made by an android from the Romulus that is supervising the outbreak/chaos of the Xeno infestation, clarifying that The Company is setting traps for its employees all over the known cosmos, in hopes of attaining more research intel on the Xenos.

The Covenant ship could be briefly mentioned as one of those traps, even though it's more of a David one.

skhellter

2 would be insanely goofy. This isnt resident evil.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 31, 2023, 12:51:11 PM2 would be insanely goofy. This isnt resident evil.

True, but everything depends on the execution and thankfully, i am not the one writing the movie and working on it for monmths/years, i simply made a quick theory on the spot in order to spark some discussion.

On paper, Cameron's Aliens had everything to be goofy, but it delievered, not to mention that we have one man sacrifice an entire colony of 156 people, so it's not that far-fetched for the company to operate on an ever bigger scale.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I do not like the idea of that at all friend, plus I think direct continuity can be exciting, especially when we only get a film every seven years.

Mr. Clemens

'Alien Trilogy.' Wattaburn. Love it.  :P

BlueMarsalis79

I hope that terminology becomes commonplace with Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed