Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 187,133 times)

SiL

To be fair, Annihilation was pretty lame and deserved a middling reception.

Blade Runner wasn't even popular in '82, let alone now. That was always a dumb idea to spend that much money on that film.

The Old One

The Old One

To be fair.
Annihilation's a good exploration of relationships.

A Blade Runner sequel, is a bad idea.
Good result, though.

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2019, 04:05:55 AM

Blade Runner wasn't even popular in '82, let alone now. That was always a dumb idea to spend that much money on that film.

Guy Ritchie has that beat.

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 21, 2019, 04:07:45 AM
To be fair.
Spoiler
Wrong.
[close]
Right. It's a dull film that's nowhere near as clever or deep as it thinks it is, and was a sore disappointment coming from the same person as Ex Machina.

The Old One

The Old One

Okie Dokie. lol

SiL

::)

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 21, 2019, 04:07:45 AM
Annihilation's a good exploration of relationships.
I'll grant it's an exploration.

The Old One

The Old One

Annihilation Film > Book
Annihilation > Ex Machina
The Skin I Live in  > Ex Machina

Huggs

It had its faults. I think the bear was grossly overrated, but not every thought provoking film has to be as deep as the dark knight.

The Old One

The Old One

No, it is imperfect. I agree.
It's no masterpiece and it's overrated but it's a original film concept, the refraction and again the utilisation; exploration of association, is excellent.

Mr.Turok

Well weren't there many movies that were considered poor back then like Predator that soon turned into iconic cultural phenomenons with Blade Runner being one of them. Sounded like a risk gone right to me. Especially with the current one. I saw lots of people loving that movie when I talked to them about it.

Ironic though that while it was strongly positive critic and normal reviewers alike, it disappointed in the Box Office. I still consider that a win cuz I prefer good movies that did mediocre money wins than studios shitting out piss poor milked out ones cuz it grossed over a billion dollars or some nonsense like that.....looking at you Avatar

Huggs

The home theater market is having an effect. There are a lot of people I know who don't go to the theater as often as they used to due to advances in home theater gear. Some gave it up completely. You can get a 55" hdtv and a bluray player for $500 out the door. Why not sit at home in the a.c. and near your own personal kitchen and bathroom?

SiL

Predator was a success on release, for what it's worth.

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2019, 04:57:03 AM
Predator was a success on release, for what it's worth.

Arnold Schwarzenegger might've helped with that a little.

I emphasize a little.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2019, 03:33:00 AM
Did UTS even get a wide release?

Bruh. Wasn't perfect but it deffo wasn't lame.

SiL

I thought it was pretty damn lame.

Annihilation that is; UTS is beautiful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed