Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 187,119 times)

skhellter

Ridley is gonna make the last prequel and then Bad Robot will try to get their hands on the Alien Franchise.

This is 100% the type of stuff that JJ Abrams would love to do.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 10, 2017, 04:28:01 PM
Alien and Predator comics to Marvel

Hmm, yeah wow. I never even thought about that. Wonder what all this really would mean for Darkhorse. And NECA as others have pointed out.

Kurai

Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 12, 2017, 03:17:24 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 10, 2017, 04:28:01 PM
Alien and Predator comics to Marvel

Hmm, yeah wow. I never even thought about that. Wonder what all this really would mean for Darkhorse. And NECA as others have pointed out.

Probably nothing until the license is up for renewal, then it would depend on how the hierarchy of Disney owned Fox decide to go about things. If the structure doesn't change, or if Marvel doesn't want the IPs for their own comic brand, then it's possible that any partnerships like with Darkhorse and NECA may not be affected.

Alionic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2017, 03:03:33 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/12/fox-disney-on-glide-path-for-thursday-deal-announcement-sources.html

Quote21st Century Fox and Disney are on a "glide path" for a Thursday deal announcement, sources familiar with the deal said.

Via Samus007.

The beginning of the end...

Gate

Some of you are acting like Disney wont revitalize this franchise and award it an enormous budget that it deserves.

Alionic

Why would an Alien movie need a $200 million budget again?

Nukiemorph

And why would Disney care about a franchise whose last entry made $240 million?  That's chump change to Disney.

SM

You mean like Ang Lee's Hulk?

Still Collating...

That's the greatest concern for me. I just hope they don't put it on ice because it's not a superhero franchise, it's R rated horror sci-fi and maybe it's not a big enough player for them, profit wise. I hope that's not the case. It all depends on their expectations and plans.

Whiskeybrewer

Hopefully dark horse keep the licence and the franchise gets on track

bobby brown

Disney probably will sell the rights off to other parties, like new line cinema or blumhouse or something like that.
And we will finally have that cheap direct to video alien sequels we always wanted.

Rush Hour Rambo

Who wants that?

Every chance Disney shakes this franchise up, makes more movies and generally reinvigorates where Fox has lost focus.

Gate

Quote from: Morse on Dec 13, 2017, 07:56:39 PM
Who wants that?

Every chance Disney shakes this franchise up, makes more movies and generally reinvigorates where Fox has lost focus.
Glad someone else sees this. Disney would be insane to sell off a big brand name such as AvP or any serious action/horror title Fox owns.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Gate on Dec 13, 2017, 11:31:33 PM
Quote from: Morse on Dec 13, 2017, 07:56:39 PM
Who wants that?

Glad someone else sees this. Disney would be insane to sell off a big brand name such as AvP or any serious action/horror title Fox owns.

Disney has ALIEN in it's Hollywood Studios ride, and at one point were going to have a ride called Nostromo, an Alien themed ride in Tomorrowland (before it was changed to Alien Encounter). They know this franchise has worth to it, just as they recognized comic book films which had sucked in the past, could be retooled to be mega franchises.

If Disney can nab someone like who knows how to steer the Alien franchise like Kevin Feige with Marvel, then we could see some pretty great Alien films in the future. Maybe finally some ones that bring us back to pulse rifles, dropships, and the USCM, but with a Disney budget.
And as stated before I don't think theme park rides are out of the question.

And who knows, maybe Disney will see the benefit of putting more money towards Alien and Predator based video games.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I doubt we're going to see any immediate decisions. Probably the effects of this purchase on the two franchises won't be seen for a few more years.

Scorpio

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 14, 2017, 03:28:46 AM

If Disney can nab someone like who knows how to steer the Alien franchise like Kevin Feige with Marvel, then we could see some pretty great Alien films in the future.

If by "great" you mean generic garbage..  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed