Not Many People Finished Alien: Isolation

Started by HuDaFuK, Jan 28, 2015, 01:50:12 PM

Author
Not Many People Finished Alien: Isolation (Read 16,430 times)

Ash 937

I've been working on getting through Stasis Interrupted (at a very slow pace) for the last few months.  Life and other responsibilities have really kept me from being the kind of gamer that I use to be (and would love to be again) but these days, I just don't have a lot time for it.

I had my copy of A:I on the day it was released and thought it looked phenomenal.  I played through the first chapter and then tucked it away on my video game shelf and proceeded to work through Stasis Interrupted. 

I have this guilty sense about finishing one game first before I start a new one so, naturally, I won't let myself get too dedicated to A:I just yet...but when I do, I'm sure that I will be working on it for a VERY. LONG. TIME.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 29, 2015, 06:47:13 PM
I've been working on getting through Stasis Interrupted (at a very slow pace) for the last few months.  Life and other responsibilities have really kept me from being the kind of gamer that I use to be (and would love to be again) but these days, I just don't have a lot time for it.

I had my copy of A:I on the day it was released and thought it looked phenomenal.  I played through the first chapter and then tucked it away on my video game shelf and proceeded to work through Stasis Interrupted. 

I have this guilty sense about finishing one game first before I start a new one so, naturally, I won't let myself get too dedicated to A:I just yet...but when I do, I'm sure that I will be working on it for a VERY. LONG. TIME.
You will enjoy the game.

NickisSmart

Depends on if you like being scared out of your mind or not.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jul 08, 2015, 12:24:48 PM
Depends on if you like being scared out of your mind or not.
Some people get more scared then others while some dont. I have played so many horror games i dont get that scared easily.For me alien isolation was very tense and it could make you sweat for me it was not that scary i think the main reason is that we all know how a zenomorph is but it was unpredictable.

szkoki

planning to give this a 2nd go on nightmare
is it much harder?

or trying it to do without dying or dying 3 times top.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: szkoki on Jul 09, 2015, 09:37:32 AMor trying it to do without dying or dying 3 times top.

Haven't played nightmare but playing without dying is surprisingly simple once you know what you're doing.

xeno_alpha_07

I completed Alien Isolation on I think Normal mode at first.  I've tried not to play the game as often I want because if I was to play it over and over again I'd eventually loose interest.  I'm planning on playing again soon, (possible Twitch broadcast?), on Nightmare mode.  I've spoken to a few peeps who didn't complete the game because it bored them to death.  Others because it was to intense for them.

I love the game and it's been hard not to play it over and over again.  One gripe I do have really is with the DLC.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 09, 2015, 01:12:58 PM
I completed Alien Isolation on I think Normal mode at first.  I've tried not to play the game as often I want because if I was to play it over and over again I'd eventually loose interest.  I'm planning on playing again soon, (possible Twitch broadcast?), on Nightmare mode.  I've spoken to a few peeps who didn't complete the game because it bored them to death.  Others because it was to intense for them.

I love the game and it's been hard not to play it over and over again.  One gripe I do have really is with the DLC.

I've not had the chance to really sink into it again. I really want to be able to devote a day or two to just getting into it. I've been going through it on Nightmare in bits and pieces and it's nowhere near as fun. It's a game you really have to allow yourself to get immersed in.

The DLC...I do wish they'd have focused more on story DLC. The immersive narrative was really one of the stronger parts. That said, I appreciated the shorter missions to just get that sensation.

xeno_alpha_07

Yeah that's one of my gripes about the DLC.  I thought that the idea was to do something for both survival and story modes.  Not sure where I got my wires crossed on that one to be honest.  I enjoyed playing Crew Expendable and Last Survivor mainly but I felt they were to short.  I think I'll have a bash at the survivor modes later today.

Are you on Xbox One Kicks?

Corporal Hicks

I've got one but I'm not on it often. That should be changing soon though. My tag is on my profile.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2015, 02:06:12 PM
I've got one but I'm not on it often. That should be changing soon though. My tag is on my profile.

Mine's in my profile to.  I'll add you next time I jump on mine.

Corporal Hicks

Good stuff! I think I'm going to get the Xbone version of the game too. So I can play it across the room.  :P

xeno_alpha_07

You have the same Marine armor as me on your avatar  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 09, 2015, 02:42:54 PM
You have the same Marine armor as me on your avatar  :laugh:

The game may have been terrible but the avatar icons were great.  :P

vilupan

I can only speak for myself but this was the Alien game I was waiting for, true to the original atmosphere and some genuinely tense and scary moments, added to the fact that there wasn't any cheesy one liners or a pulse rifle in sight. I've completed the game several times. I love the AI for the Alien which means that basically even if you've seen the same corridors before, you don't know how it's going to react as it hunts you the next time through.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed