Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 26, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

Do you consider Alien Isolation canon?

Yes
57 (73.1%)
No
21 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author
Do you consider Alien Isolation canon? (Read 8,818 times)

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Jun 28, 2014, 06:38:02 AM
Well the top of my head is at any rate.

:laugh: :laugh:

WarriorRidged

WarriorRidged

Please use SPOLIER tags, but now some of the dust has settled and people have this game in their hands (and in some cases their hearts), will fans adopt this game's characters and events into the serie's folklore?

At present the vote stands at 36.8% YES, and 63.2% NO. Be interested to see how/if this changes post release, and people's thoughts.

You can argue FOX decide what is canon. But it's the acceptance in the majority of fan's mind that make something truly canon right?

Jango1201

So far I can believe it's canon. Haven't played the entire game yet but so far can't find any reason why not.

Ash 937

Since 1992, all films/games that were considered canon for the alien franchise have needed to meet the following criteria:

1.  They must have massive plot holes in the storyline.

2.  They must be massively underwhelming in comparison to the sequel that came before it.

I don't think that Alien Isolation has any of those qualities so, no, it's not canon imo.

::)

hfeldhaus

I keep to the films. Prometheus to Alien Rez. Predator to P redators. AvP spinoff.

Jango1201

I'm open minded to all media. If it makes sense, does not contradict or isn't completely nuking ones fridge, then I say it's safe to consider plausibly canon. 

Kimarhi

it'll be canon until they decide to reboot the EU again. 

szkoki

I do. It eliminates all the plotholes of Aliens.

Russ

I wonder if there will be a novel of this game. Would it work as book? (I've not played the game - nor will I till it comes down in price - I'll just keep failing epically and give up at some stage due to the lack of saves *lol*)

Taxemic

Alien Isolation is and always will be more canon to me than anything post Alien3 with the exception of Prometheus.

PsyKore

Apart from its OTT video game moments, I would actually consider the story itself good enough to be canon. I really got into it and liked it.

HuDaFuK

Without having played much of the game myself yet...

Sea of Sorrows mentions Amanda interfering with W-Y's attempts at retrieving an Alien, and when I questioned Moore about this he confirmed that was a reference to the game. So if the new novel trilogy is canon, so is the game.

Dowly

Yeah, I could consider it being canon. Finished it earlier today and can't think of anything major that contradicts the existing canon. CA did a good job with that.

hfeldhaus

I like the idea of seegson being implemented into the EU or perhaps the films

PVTDukeMorrison

I actually really like the game, it fits in nicely and doesn't contradict anything like that other game that wont be mentioned. Also Dowly why are your sigs always so perfect

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed