Are you going to wait for reviews before buying?

Started by demonbane, Jan 19, 2014, 01:12:05 AM

Are you going to wait for reviews before buying?

Yes
39 (69.6%)
No
17 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
Are you going to wait for reviews before buying? (Read 7,495 times)

demonbane

Most of you learned lesson through A:CM. So what is your stance now?

Le Celticant

I won't pre-order it, no matter how many bonus they throw to make you buy it.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

After being burned twice by AvP 2010 and A:CM, damn right.

Toxin

underbound

Avp2010 was fine. But im totally waiting for this. Unless they provide something reeeeeeally special like, omfg did u see that shit, and it attracts everyones attention on an extreme scale. Then I MIGHT consider pre ordering. But ill play it 6 months after anyway cuz games are alway cheaper that time around.

Space Voyager

I'm waiting for the reviews. And then some for 75% off sale.  :) I'm not kidding. Though I might settle for 60. If I get a computer able to run the game.  :'(

Dovahkiin

I waited for reviews on Aliens: Colonial Marines. I'm doing the same with this. This looks like it'll be light years superior to Colonial Marines, but still.

PVTDukeMorrison

I'm not falling for this again, no chance in hell.  Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again.

szkoki

i'll go for pirate version before i'll buy it, if its any good i'll support the developers and studio then, if my pc cant handle it on max i'll get it for PS3

spychi

I stopped pre-ordering since Max Payne 3, not doing it since, saved me alot of money I guess.

acrediblesource

Its another gamble once again. Surely SOME might buy it just to explore the visuals because you can't deny they are stunning. But it is almost feature film quality give or take a minor adjustments. That is  a MAJOR challenge to take on since it is a PS4 game and that it is a SLOW PACED survival horror. Which to my knowledge only 2014 has had the opportunity to have developers working on in one year.

We either haven't seen 80 percent of the game or we are only getting this kind of game play which we have already seen. Its hard to tell.
Either way, its a new experience altogether and to me it just plays like a film. No real HUD, or known strategies applicable here. If they can't tell us straight up "head for a blinking cabinet" "toss fire extenguishers" etc etc, I basically have no shits tail what to do in this game in so far.

PRJ_since1990

I don't regret any of the day one preorder purchases I've made on either AvP or CM. now, neither game was what we wanted but they were still fun in their own way. So too will Isolation. Call me a sucker but I think this one is going to be something special. Especially if the talk now is true about a "smart Alien" that reacts to you.

HuDaFuK

Absolutely.

I like what I'm seeing and hearing, I won't deny that, but no way will I be buying until I've read some post-release reviews.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jan 21, 2014, 02:09:43 PM
I don't regret any of the day one preorder purchases I've made on either AvP or CM. now, neither game was what we wanted but they were still fun in their own way. So too will Isolation. Call me a sucker but I think this one is going to be something special. Especially if the talk now is true about a "smart Alien" that reacts to you.

Well, I don't think ACM was what anybody wanted. :p

Anywho, I'll wait for the reviews.

The Dutch Ghost

Will wait until I see other people's opinions on it and not just reviews of 'professional journalists'.
Learned this the hard way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed