ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 399,330 times)

Corporal Hicks

Same as some of the Colonial Marines were modeled after marine cosplayers from the same group. Or at least their names or armor. I can't remember specifically. The group helped them advertise the game as the various events and I always liked that they did that.

Local Trouble

Do you have a full set of Hicks armor and uniform to go with your shotgun?

locusta

Nope, only the stuff seen in the pictures was modeled. Far too less time. Would have loved to make a full body and was my initial idea. As other ideas in that regard as well. It was just crazy less time, not only from the publishers schedule, but from my own daily work and as my son was just born back then. Well, maybe next time :D :D :D

FenGiddel

Only just now finding this. Nice reading the input from the author and those involved with the book. Not an easy project: weaving a coherent tale of all the Alien stories, but I'm glad someone waded into it and brought in ardent fans for support. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: locusta on Feb 14, 2017, 08:40:22 PM
Nope, only the stuff seen in the pictures was modeled. Far too less time. Would have loved to make a full body and was my initial idea. As other ideas in that regard as well. It was just crazy less time, not only from the publishers schedule, but from my own daily work and as my son was just born back then. Well, maybe next time :D :D :D

When are they going to come their senses and throw enough money at you to make sure you can create art full time?

windebieste

Why is this book called the 'Weyland Yutani Report' when it includes content in the time line that occurs long after Weyland Yutani has ceased to exist? 

Shouldn't it be called 'The Walmart Report'?   ???

Just askin'.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

It was supposedly written in the timeframe of Sea of Sorrows when Wey-Yu were a thing again.

windebieste

...er, wut?  Really?  lol.

Sorry, no.  I haven't read it. 

That's a perfect example of exactly the kind of reason I don't read those books.  The fan service is just too rich.

-Windebieste.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 28, 2017, 09:16:20 AM
It was supposedly written in the timeframe of Sea of Sorrows when Wey-Yu were a thing again.

It was produced near the end of 2381.  Sea of Sorrows was over a century later.

HuDaFuK

I don't ever remember seeing a fictional date of publication in the book. It just made it clear it was sometime after the USM had gone under and shortly before W-Y re-emerged as a serious power.

The Cruentus

Which they did by cleaning up the wreckage of the Auriga, getting good publicity.
Sea of sorrows is not too bad, I just don't like the supernatural angle it has, it makes it just as far fetched if not more so than Alien: Resurrection, which it actually references I believe.
I still need to get my hands on the W-Y report too, I am guessing the collector's edition is long gone by now.

HuDaFuK

The standard edition was pretty reasonable and you honestly don't miss out on much.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 28, 2017, 12:02:55 PM
I don't ever remember seeing a fictional date of publication in the book. It just made it clear it was sometime after the USM had gone under and shortly before W-Y re-emerged as a serious power.

P. 157.  "It has only been months since the crash landing of the USM Auriga."

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 28, 2017, 12:18:01 PM
The standard edition was pretty reasonable and you honestly don't miss out on much.

Good to know, thanks. The only reason I never pre-ordered or got the collector's was its absurd price. I though I would wait and see if it lowered with time.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 28, 2017, 12:18:01 PM
What does the collectors edition have that the std. Edition lacks?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed