ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 398,587 times)

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 28, 2015, 09:00:37 PM
This book covers all 4 current movies, right? Seems a bit of a waste to release it in its current state if Blomkamp is about to categorically hose half of the content with his new movie.

Unless, of course, he isn't going to. ;)

Or y'know it's still fine since they're two separate canonicities.

SiL

Or if the movies still exist and this book was written long before.

Nightmare Asylum

Has there been any more word on this? I'd really like to get it, if/when it actually hits shelves.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 28, 2015, 09:13:27 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 28, 2015, 09:00:37 PM
This book covers all 4 current movies, right? Seems a bit of a waste to release it in its current state if Blomkamp is about to categorically hose half of the content with his new movie.

Unless, of course, he isn't going to. ;)

Or y'know it's still fine since they're two separate canonicities.
That word. I'm not sure you know what it means.

predxeno

I suppose the rumored "new canon timeline" from Fox will also be put on hold, especially if the new film might be a retcon.

Xenomrph

What rumored timeline?

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 01, 2015, 02:27:30 AM
What rumored timeline?

Are you joking?

Prometheus 2 and A5 are rumoured to be connected, as well as A5 being suggested to overwrite A3 would constitute an alternate timeline.

However, I don't think anything in the recent news will change this book if it is a guide to the universe of the original four alien films.

predxeno

What rumored timeline?

The timeline that says all EU is not canon, except for the Titan books and Fire & Stone.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 01, 2015, 02:35:03 AM
What rumored timeline?

Are you joking?

Prometheus 2 and A5 are rumoured to be connected, as well as A5 being suggested to overwrite A3 would constitute an alternate timeline.

However, I don't think anything in the recent news will change this book if it is a guide to the universe of the original four alien films.
I got the impression that predxeno was referring to an actual printed timeline book (like this one for Star Wars).

Son Of Kane

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 01, 2015, 02:44:38 AM
What rumored timeline?

The timeline that says all EU is not canon, except for the Titan books and Fire & Stone.

& Alien: Isolation

Do you think that'll be the "EU" for the four original films + Prometheus in this book? And they'll create an even newer EU for Blompkamp's Alien (If necessary) or will Blompkamp's Alien follow this "new EU" too?

RakaiThwei

Assuming Blomkamp's movie is a new alternate timeline, wouldn't that also clash with the Titan Publishing books which are post Alien 3 and Resurrection?

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 01, 2015, 03:11:00 AM
Assuming Blomkamp's movie is a new alternate timeline, wouldn't that also clash with the Titan Publishing books which are post Alien 3 and Resurrection?

I wouldn't really say "clash". It'll be like what's happening with Star Trek: the old EU (post-Resurrection Titan novels, etc.) continues in the books, while the films go the "soft reboot" route.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 01, 2015, 03:42:31 AM
I wouldn't really say "clash". It'll be like what's happening with Star Trek: the old EU (post-Resurrection Titan novels, etc.) continues in the books, while the films go the "soft reboot" route.

I don't get the Star Trek analogy so.. you lost me.

Ultramorph

Oh, sorry. What I mean is that the new Star Trek movies essentially were a soft reboot, where time travel created a new timeline. The movies from here on out are set in that universe, but the old universe of classic Star Trek (the shows, old movies, etc.) has carried on in the form of novels.

That what I see happenig with Aliens. Titan will continue exploring the post-Resurrection world in print, even if the new movies ignore those films and establish their own separate timeline.

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 01, 2015, 03:11:00 AM
Only one of the Titan books is post Alien3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed