Who should play Quinn McKenna?

Started by Keith, May 22, 2016, 01:50:34 PM

Author
Who should play Quinn McKenna? (Read 15,182 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Keith on May 22, 2016, 03:21:08 PM
Quote from: Vermillion on May 22, 2016, 03:12:20 PM
Quote from: Keith on May 22, 2016, 03:00:45 PM
It'll be a dude. I guarantee it.
I hope to god too

Shane Black wouldn't sell out like that.

Having a female lead would in no way be a "sell out"

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2016, 09:45:21 AM
Kinda hard to pick someone to play it without knowing who the character is and what he does for a living.

Completely true. It's hard to really pick a dream cast either without knowing where Black is going with the film.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
I hope to god too

Having a female lead should kill the movie instantly.It's like if they do Shaft played by Lundgren.
Same thing if the predator is a chick.
But Shane grew up with Dirty Harry so he shouldn't let us down.

Corporal Hicks

No, it wouldn't kill the movie instantly. Predator might have been a macho movie but we're well past that now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Black's already proved with The Long Kiss Goodnight he's more than capable of writing an action film with a suitably strong female lead.

overthere

overthere

Maybe we find out the Predator in the original was a female.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
I hope to god too

I agree, times have changed, and i want the new movie to be just as modern as Predator was when it came out.

That being said, i actually prefer male leads in a Predator movie, and from the sounds of it, that's what we are getting.

Vermillion

Vermillion

It's like making Ghostbusters with a female cast!  It should be great! $400 mil plus!!! 
Oh wait....
Testosterone movies need to stay "roided"

Corporal Hicks

It hasn't been a testosterone movie since the first one. The Predator story is fantastically versatile. Let it be versatile. Folk will only complain about about "it's just a remake of the first one" all over again.

I couldn't careless if the lead is male or female as long as it suits the film.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 01:56:53 PMI couldn't careless if the lead is male or female as long as it suits the film.

Ultimately, this. If it fits the film then I couldn't care less what sex the lead is.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Vermillion on May 23, 2016, 01:36:10 PM
It's like making Ghostbusters with a female cast!  It should be great! $400 mil plus!!! 
Oh wait....
Testosterone movies need to stay "roided"
The new GB doesn't look bad because of a female cast, the jokes (from the Trailer at least) are shit and because of unoriginal ideas. Piccture the same Trailer with guys, it would just be as lame.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 01:56:53 PM
It hasn't been a testosterone movie since the first one. The Predator story is fantastically versatile. Let it be versatile. Folk will only complain about about "it's just a remake of the first one" all over again.

I couldn't careless if the lead is male or female as long as it suits the film.
There is always this kind of Posts when a new movie comes out, just like "no CGI!!"... how is that even possible in a Predator movie? Predator was always visual effects heavy: spaceships, laser beams, cloaking effects, matte paintings/set extensions... 60 % of the first Predator's appearance was a god damn visual effect, that's what made it distinctive anyway.

walker31

walker31

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 11:53:05 AM
No, it wouldn't kill the movie instantly. Predator might have been a macho movie but we're well past that now.
I disagree.  If you think we are past this, then there is no point in making another Predator film.  Its entire concept was basically our strongest specimen in Arnold vs. an unbeatable hunter, like hunting the largest buck in the forest.  No one brags about killing a doe.  It's not because people are anti women, it's just a biological fact that men are stronger and faster, as a whole.  Having a female lead worked in the Alien franchise because it's not about going toe to toe with a bipedal alien, just basic survival.  If the lead was Charlize Theron in Predator, then at the end when the predator went hand to hand, she would have died instantly from those punches.  Again, the whole macho, steroid action film era existed because we thought these guys were the strongest, most untouchable human specimens we had, so it makes sense to see our "champions" fight the Predator.  That being said, I think they need someone who is the current strongest man in action films, either the Rock or a wrestler like Cena.  As much as Brody beefed up for Predators, he still wasn't big enough I felt to deliver damaging punches to the super predator.

Keith

Keith

Have you seen the reaction the new all-female Ghostbusters has been receiving? Don't think Shane wants a similar fiasco.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's got nothing to do with the fact it's a female cast and everything to do with the fact it simply looks shit.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: walker31 on May 23, 2016, 03:40:49 PM
I disagree.  If you think we are past this, then there is no point in making another Predator film.  Its entire concept was basically our strongest specimen in Arnold vs. an unbeatable hunter, like hunting the largest buck in the forest.  No one brags about killing a doe.  It's not because people are anti women, it's just a biological fact that men are stronger and faster, as a whole.  Having a female lead worked in the Alien franchise because it's not about going toe to toe with a bipedal alien, just basic survival.  If the lead was Charlize Theron in Predator, then at the end when the predator went hand to hand, she would have died instantly from those punches.  Again, the whole macho, steroid action film era existed because we thought these guys were the strongest, most untouchable human specimens we had, so it makes sense to see our "champions" fight the Predator.  That being said, I think they need someone who is the current strongest man in action films, either the Rock or a wrestler like Cena.  As much as Brody beefed up for Predators, he still wasn't big enough I felt to deliver damaging punches to the super predator.

Predator is so much stronger than any male or female human, Arnold doesn't tip the scale any further than a female for what Predator is concerned. The difference between strongest male and strongest female is insignificant when compared to a Predator, so I don't think male or female matters.

The only difference is, men are usually more violent and aggressive and that attracts Predators. Males are more likely to end up as a target, but if a female presented a fun hunt, Predator won't discriminate.

There was the woman in Predators and she didn't seem out of place at all. At the end of the day, it's not the strength that beats a Predator, it's wit.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Keith on May 23, 2016, 04:53:06 PM

Have you seen the reaction the new all-female Ghostbusters has been receiving? Don't think Shane wants a similar fiasco.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2016, 05:22:41 PM
That's got nothing to do with the fact it's a female cast and everything to do with the fact it simply looks shit.

^^ This.

Quote from: overthere on May 23, 2016, 05:23:58 PM
There was the woman in Predators and she didn't seem out of place at all. At the end of the day, it's not the strength that beats a Predator, it's wit.

And this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed