New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,873 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 23, 2020, 11:38:46 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2020, 11:28:10 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 08:46:18 PM
My headcanon is that the bigger, angrier, uglier ones in Predators are the girls.

I used to like to imagine everyone we've seen so far is female.

Why ?

Because I really dislike the boobs on Predators design, so if every one we've seen so far is already female, problem solved.  :)

Highland

I'm not sure an all female/male cast works for anything. I think females being dominant is cool , but only if they are outshining the men. Mad Max springs to mind.

Feels a bit forced for me.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2020, 11:43:21 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Nov 23, 2020, 11:38:46 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2020, 11:28:10 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 08:46:18 PM
My headcanon is that the bigger, angrier, uglier ones in Predators are the girls.

I used to like to imagine everyone we've seen so far is female.

Why ?

Because I really dislike the boobs on Predators design, so if every one we've seen so far is already female, problem solved.  :)

Nice and simple

skhellter

if they eventually do go with a female predator and portray one with "BEWBIES" i'll shrug and go "eh, whatever."
(which is what i did at the recent game).

I'm sure the forums will be filled with people who will say it doesn't make sense.

But i'll just remember that this is an alien species with a tribal culture and spacefaring technology.
They're already a """"bit""""" nonsensical.

At its heart, Predator always leans towards a pulp tone and aesthetic. A decent amount of nonsense is fine and part of what makes pulp stories distinct from everything else.

But overall I really just want to pick up a giant cartoon hammer and wack the heads of people who treat Predator like it needs to have 2001 Space Odyssey levels of internal logic.  :laugh:

Xisto

If he's been in it for 4 years, maybe Skulls wasn't a Predator movie at the beginning and ended up transforming himself at the studio's request, which surprisingly decided not to let Predator die after the last movie.

Tangakkai

Having a female Predator being a smaller, more elegant looking predator with breasts is the boring route to take. I'd say go all out, make her be something totally different in the sense of scale, colour, facial structure.

goose_3387

Quote from: Highland on Nov 23, 2020, 11:50:07 AM
I'm not sure an all female/male cast works for anything. I think females being dominant is cool , but only if they are outshining the men. Mad Max springs to mind.

The Descent. Not a man in site after minute 1.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 23, 2020, 12:05:43 PMif they eventually do go with a female predator and portray one with "BEWBIES" i'll shrug and go "eh, whatever."

My hatred of Predator tits has probably been fuelled by the vast number of pathetic hyper-sexualised renditions you see all over the web. I just do not get that shit at all.

But even so, there are so many more interesting things you could do to differentiate the sexes. These things are alien. Why conform to human biology just for the sake of being obvious? Aside from the fact the vast majority of species on just our planet don't show that kind of sexual dimorphism, it's just freaking lazy. Do something more imaginative, and if you still desperately feel the need to let everyone know it's different because it's female, do it in the marketing or merchandise.

I've always liked to think the Predator in the second film could've been female; it's got that weird bony crown on its head that we've literally never seen any other Predator have. Something like that would be so much more interesting than sticking tits on it.

skhellter

If the female predator is designed like some weird bizarro teen idea of a masturbation fantasy then.... yeah.. that'll be really shitty.

The ones in the recent game weren't like that though, so...

Samhain13

Samhain13

I will never get why so many fans want the females to be something like the Berserkers from Gears of War, seems like a femdom fantasy. Or some Perry fans that even after all these years are still holding to the idea that the females should be bigger.

The other extreme of having them with too feminine traits and being sexualized is also bad, the Predator males don't look excessively manly/muscular after all.

But PHG already got it right for the most part, their face/heads structures, dreadlocks and roars are also different from the males as well now. And since the game is considered canon for them, then that apperance its probably gonna stick for a while.

Highland

Quote from: goose_3387 on Nov 23, 2020, 12:42:45 PM
Quote from: Highland on Nov 23, 2020, 11:50:07 AM

The Descent. Not a man in site after minute 1.

I mean I'm sure you could find examples, but as vast as the Alien Galaxy is , just wouldn't make sense to me. Unless you also did a kind of small Decent style horror.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think it makes any more or less sense than male or female dominated professions, or just straight up work locations. I can walk into certain locations at work and find nothing but one gender or the other. I can walk into others and find mostly woman with 1 or 2 blokes. And the same reversed. It's a none issue for me.

The Shuriken

As I mentioned before, the female designs in Hunting Grounds had to be approved by someone high on the food chain with this franchise. So the feminine form with bombs was approved in official media for the series. For those detractors that don't like those type of designs, I would brace for impact should a female appear in a movie.

On a side note. This film has been in the planning stages since 2016, during the production of The Predator. With that movie being a complete bomb and embarrassment to the series, I'm surprised the powers that be decided to keep this film going. Perhaps this shows that the film has great potential? It could have easily been canceled.

Nightmare Asylum

Aliens: Colonial Marines was also approved by people at Fox... and we all know how much that factored into other media down the line.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Fox must have been victim of Randy Pitchford's magic tricks. They were all pawns on his game of deceive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed