"You Are One Ugly Motherfu…" - Wishlist Alien vs. Predator 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 09:50:08 AM

Author
"You Are One Ugly Motherfu…" - Wishlist Alien vs. Predator 3 (Read 29,470 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: SiL on Jul 14, 2015, 05:34:35 AM
Comics came first and were running during P2's production; the skull in the ship was a nod.
Thought so, but couldn't quite remember. Thanks for the clarifiication :)

Xenomorphine

Don't think it's ever been confirmed, one way or another, if the inclusion was an acknowledgement of the comics or if it was just coincidence.

THE CITY HUNTER

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 14, 2015, 02:40:42 PM
Don't think it's ever been confirmed, one way or another, if the inclusion was an acknowledgement of the comics or if it was just coincidence.
Predator 2 special edition BTS features, guys at Stan Winston Studios said they put it in as a tip of the hat to the comic.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2015, 08:47:32 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 14, 2015, 02:40:42 PM
Predator 2 special edition BTS features, guys at Stan Winston Studios said they put it in as a tip of the hat to the comic.
That makes sense.

Ratchetcomand

I always been told that the Xeno skull in Predator 2 was a reference to a possible future crossover much like how Freddy's glove was in Jason Goes To Hell?

SiL

Newp, nod to the comic.

Xenomorphine

Which special feature is it? The only interview I've seen regarding this is the late Stan Winston and he said nobody seemed to know who was responsible for it, but that he wishes he was because it was a "cool idea". Nothing about the comic.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I used to think it was simply a repainted prop that Stan's crew had left over from ALIENS, used more for convenience than anything else, but after googling some images it appears to have been a new sculpt so I dunno.

OmegaZilla

No, it was made for the movie. Sculpted by Kevin Hudson.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 18, 2015, 08:23:26 AM
No, it was made for the movie. Sculpted by Kevin Hudson.
How did you find out?

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 18, 2015, 12:31:34 AM
Which special feature is it? The only interview I've seen regarding this is the late Stan Winston and he said nobody seemed to know who was responsible for it, but that he wishes he was because it was a "cool idea". Nothing about the comic.
Hopkins himself might mention it in the commentary. 99% sure it's flat out said somewhere in the set that it was a nod to the comics as they were running at the time of production.

OmegaZilla

Just checked The Winston Effect from my shelf and yes, it says the skull is an in-joke and a nod to the AvP comics by Dark Horse.

Whiskeybrewer

Also if they ever attempt the PredAlien again, it needs to be closer in Design and Size to the one in the AVP : Duel comic

Corporal Hicks

Just lose the dreadlocks. That's the main thing I ask for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed