Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,660 times)

Sabby

Fine, solar flares then :P

Local Trouble

Have you seen that Nicolas Cage movie, Knowing?

Sabby

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2017, 12:32:15 AM
Have you seen that Nicolas Cage movie, Knowing?

Reviews, yeah.

Scorpio

Nobody knows when their time will come.  Unless you do the job yourself, but such a waste.

SiL

Quote from: Sabby on Aug 19, 2017, 12:29:48 AM
Fine, solar flares then :P
Don't you live in Australia? For all our dangerous flora, we're actually one of the countries least likely to be hit by a horrifying natural disaster outside of a cyclone.

Solar flares aren't that big of an issue -- might knock out some electronics, but nothing we can't fix. Coronal mass ejections are the real worry -- they'd absolutely destroy us -- but the chance of actually being hit by one are so infinitessimally slim you'd need to also be worried about the "false vacuum" concept (it basically states that space isn't really a vacuum and that reality might collapse any second without warning.)

Sabby

Believe, I'm fully aware of how irrational such fears are, I just wish that awareness stopped them. I'll deal. Now, a Funnel Web in my home...

Local Trouble

SM

SM

Aim another one at Canberra next time parliament sits...

Local Trouble

Has SM, Sabby or SiL ever seen this movie?

Sabby

No, but Arachnophobia has been on the backburner for me and partner. Will probably need to strap myself down.

SiL

These Final Hours is the best Aussie genre film since Mad Max.

Local Trouble

How about On the Beach?  Australia sure seems like the place to be when you want to die last.

Sabby

I thought I recognized it, but there's another small budget Aussie Apocalypse movie about aliens trying to save us from zombies, and it was the most intentionally and gloriously stupid thing I've ever seen. I wish I remembered the name, all I remember is a gruff Russel Crow knockoff in a long coat and broad hat with sawn off shotguns pulling some Resident Evil level nonsense.

On topic, just got my anxiety meds. Hope this helps... I don't want to stay on this particular wagon for long.

SM

SM

On The Beach was filmed where I grew up.
Mad Max was filmed where I used to live.

Long before I lived in either.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 23, 2017, 01:46:21 AM
These Final Hours is the best Aussie genre film since Mad Max.

Time Guardian tho?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed