Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,685 times)

XenoZipper

We are definitely going through very very similar things Xeno_Alpha. I don't like the quick to anger part at all. Even though I'm not actually mad at the person I'm talking to, I'll still be snappy at them making it seem like I'm directing it towards them when it's more of a case of "friendly fire" if you know what I mean. They just happen to be in the vicinity & my fire & I always feel horrible for that afterward. I'll be honest & the only thing that was helping suppress this anxiety side of me was marijuana. Been a smoker since I was in the 8th grade & I'm now 34 but recently I lost my job & my apartment & haven't been able to afford "my" medication (as no docs here will prescribe that stuff to me) & all the anxiety feelings I've been suppressing for so long are just flowing up like lava. That stuff also greatly helped me sleep as well & without it now I'm the same & awake for always 2 days at a time.

I agree doctors are a joke as well. Aside from the anxiety fun, I also have psoriasis which is a skin disorder & I got it in random spots all over. Needless to say, that also make me feel uncomfortable to go out in public unless I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt & pants so no one has to see it (I've had bad reactions from friends in the past when they saw it the first time. Didn't make me feel too good about it). Well my doc's sugestion was, "go outside & sit in the sun. go to a beach or something". Uh yea, easier said then done when people have reacted badly towards it most your life.

Though I will say, the 1 thing that has helped me in little small doses when I do start to feel an anxiety attack coming, is talking to someone that is going through almost the same thing as you. Others knowledge of it has been helpful for me to understand it a little better & try to have better control when an attack comes.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: XenoZipper on Aug 19, 2016, 04:37:43 PM
We are definitely going through very very similar things Xeno_Alpha. I don't like the quick to anger part at all. Even though I'm not actually mad at the person I'm talking to, I'll still be snappy at them making it seem like I'm directing it towards them when it's more of a case of "friendly fire" if you know what I mean. They just happen to be in the vicinity & my fire & I always feel horrible for that afterward. I'll be honest & the only thing that was helping suppress this anxiety side of me was marijuana. Been a smoker since I was in the 8th grade & I'm now 34 but recently I lost my job & my apartment & haven't been able to afford "my" medication (as no docs here will prescribe that stuff to me) & all the anxiety feelings I've been suppressing for so long are just flowing up like lava. That stuff also greatly helped me sleep as well & without it now I'm the same & awake for always 2 days at a time.

I agree doctors are a joke as well. Aside from the anxiety fun, I also have psoriasis which is a skin disorder & I got it in random spots all over. Needless to say, that also make me feel uncomfortable to go out in public unless I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt & pants so no one has to see it (I've had bad reactions from friends in the past when they saw it the first time. Didn't make me feel too good about it). Well my doc's sugestion was, "go outside & sit in the sun. go to a beach or something". Uh yea, easier said then done when people have reacted badly towards it most your life.

Though I will say, the 1 thing that has helped me in little small doses when I do start to feel an anxiety attack coming, is talking to someone that is going through almost the same thing as you. Others knowledge of it has been helpful for me to understand it a little better & try to have better control when an attack comes.

Just a little note, speaking from experience...smoking anything cigarettes, weed,...will always make you snappier, especially the day after, and especially when you quit, for 2 weeks you're ultra depressed and super irritable. The best way to quit, which anyone should, putting smoke in your body is not very smart even if you think it helps in the long term it does damage, is to take a nice long camping trip for 2 weeks in the middle of nowhere and fight with nature lol. It's a hard 2-3 weeks, especially the first 5 days, than your brain gets programmed to forget it. Any addiction can be overcome with time, but you must go through the necessary 2 week suffering program. Go on a mission, climb a mountain, go find Yoda.

Kaltes

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 19, 2016, 11:13:08 AM
I avoid drama no matter how small as I can't be doing with the hassle.

Same here, though my OCD can make that even more difficult for me at times, intrusive thoughts are no fun at all.

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 19, 2016, 04:45:42 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Aug 19, 2016, 04:37:43 PM

Just a little note, speaking from experience...smoking anything cigarettes, weed,...will always make you snappier, especially the day after, and especially when you quit, for 2 weeks you're ultra depressed and super irritable. The best way to quit, which anyone should, putting smoke in your body is not very smart even if you think it helps in the long term it does damage, is to take a nice long camping trip for 2 weeks in the middle of nowhere and fight with nature lol. It's a hard 2-3 weeks, especially the first 5 days, than your brain gets programmed to forget it. Any addiction can be overcome with time, but you must go through the necessary 2 week suffering program. Go on a mission, climb a mountain, go find Yoda.

That I don't agree with. I've never been snappy the next day ever. What works for you isn't necessarily going to work for another. Everyone is different just like in my experience weed effects everyone differently. For me, it helps with my probs. I'm not a nature type person in the slightest or care for camping so that method won't work for me. I'm not "addicted" to weed either. I just use to help deal with my pain & other things. There's many benefits to weed if you do the research into it. It also doesn't always need to be smoked. There's alternate methods. I'm not in need of any sort of drug rehabilitation. It's only weed & it's the only drug I do. Just my 2 cents on the matter. Not interested in talking about my probs here anymore.

Kaltes

Trust issues can be a real bitch. Holy shit.l

Le Celticant

Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 25, 2016, 05:10:59 AM

Depends if you had expectation or not.

Kaltes

Quote from: Le Celticant on Aug 28, 2016, 12:40:31 PM
Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 25, 2016, 05:10:59 AM

Depends if you had expectation or not.

I try not to, but even then...

Le Celticant

Then just don't ! There's nothing to be worried, disappointed or angry about if you don't expect anything beside knowing that the things that comes out are always unexpected.

Don't take it too hard on others because you're only doing this on yourself ;)

Deadmeat

I have a really strong feeling I might drop out of university. I don't really have any free days because of work, and the time I supposedly dedicate to studying I just end up blowing off and wasting by watching tv shows or playing games. Talking with my therapist is sorta helping, but I have way too may problems to focus on at once. For now we're handling my self esteem issues related to body image, which is really helping.

But I feel if I keep this up I'll just drop out. I just can't focus on studies no matter how much I want and try. Worst part is this is actually what I want to do in life.

Novak 1334

Quote from: Deadmeat on Dec 07, 2016, 11:14:02 AM
I have a really strong feeling I might drop out of university. I don't really have any free days because of work, and the time I supposedly dedicate to studying I just end up blowing off and wasting by watching tv shows or playing games. Talking with my therapist is sorta helping, but I have way too may problems to focus on at once. For now we're handling my self esteem issues related to body image, which is really helping.

But I feel if I keep this up I'll just drop out. I just can't focus on studies no matter how much I want and try. Worst part is this is actually what I want to do in life.

You can always go back to Univiersity.  The main thing right now is getting to the core of your troubles.  I dropped out with less than three months to go in my third year, I was pretty much f**king everything up anyway, but after taking a year off, getting myself better, I'm looking to go back next year

THE CITY HUNTER

My grandma just passed away.

Scorpio

OD'd the other day.  Worst depression of my life for about 5 hours or so.  Literally hell.

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 08, 2016, 04:05:36 AM

Sorry to hear that bro.  Mine died earlier this year at 95 years of age.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 10, 2016, 01:16:28 AM
OD'd the other day.  Worst depression of my life for about 5 hours or so.  Literally hell.

man 2016 is a bad year

Le Celticant

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 10, 2016, 01:16:28 AM

Sorry to hear that for both of you :(

95 years HOLLY !!!!!! That's incredible, I wish you the same at least ;)

Infected

Yes had them, after losing loved ones, couldnt sit in a barber chair normal anymore, ran out of a Macdonalds in Paris because i tought i was gonna suffocate.
We men have a problem to not always listen to our "voices" not the dark ones that say kill kill kill killl kill ;) but the ones that say,
i dont like this or this is bad for you or my soul, most men are sensitive but ignore that and see it as a flaw or weakness, or some are scared because maybe they could be gay or have to much feminim in them.
f**k all that, our stupid society thaught us most of this bs, mentally we ignore things and say ah i just push on through,
its the same as when you feel an ache in your toe and you think ahh i push on through it will be over when im on the other side,
and then you to your toe and its f**king gone!!! Matter of speaking.
Your brain can do a lot, but the guy behind the wheel can be a stuborn ssshole and yes thats you :) trust me i know.
What helps is rotating your brain, it means when you think you are stuck or when you are extremely down, do the opposite,
in down i want to kill or cry, well if you are gonna cry just go ahead and cry, do you want to  hurt somebody, go out and approach someone,
look them in the eye, and be a man and really look them in the eye and just ask them how is your day going or how are you? And that person will always surprise you, some will say: i just came from my mothers funeral and some say: oh great after a long time i found a job.
If you are fat or just big and you are oppressing yourself, just go out and run for 50 meters or walk, just go out and let yourself go,
same as for gay people just go, f**k it just f**king go!!
But keep moving and rotating, people arent that hard as they pretend to be, not you not your neighbour, nobody!!
See the weakness in everything and not the struggle or harshness, because in the end you are your enviroment,
people will see that and remember that, you think Just Bieber is the only one with fans? Everybody has fans,
but not all will tell you this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed