When will we ever get a THIRD PERSON GAME????!!!! (apart from arcades)

Started by nicky, Feb 06, 2008, 11:47:33 AM

Author
When will we ever get a THIRD PERSON GAME????!!!! (apart from arcades) (Read 4,392 times)

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: nicky on Feb 10, 2008, 10:36:48 AM
So I have to be holding no weapons or at least the default weapon when I activat ethat cheat to make it work? OK I'll try that but what about the problem with aiming, is that still there?

no it wont work IF you are holding the default weapon.
If you are holding say a pulse rifle then it should work...

Quote from: Private Hudson on Feb 11, 2008, 01:43:41 PM
Where can I get that cheatr?

right here:
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/alien-vs-predator-2/cheats/g-2005120714251663238525

xenotool

The cheat is glitchy in single player, there's actually a better way to play in third person where the character animations are normal.

http://www.planetavp.com/mods/modotw/third-personview/

Follow the directions on the page and you'll be able to do it online and off.

Slugworth

Quote from: nicky on Feb 06, 2008, 12:23:32 PM
But not AvP or Aliens

There's a pretty good reason for that, and it was discussed in an earlier thread.

Quote from: Sllugworth on Mar 04, 2008, 09:30:44 PM
Quote from: Gremlien on Feb 27, 2008, 02:53:28 AM
The reason the Alien franchise works better in an FPS is because the series works best when it has a very claustrophobic vibe to it. Being in the tight space of an FPS creates that feeling. A 3rd Person works mostly in more open environments, and is more suited to something like Predator.
Agreed.
First-person shooters give you the feeling that you're actually in the mix (hence first-person).
Third-person is merely an observational standpoint and wouldn't add to the horror element the way a first-person game would.
Example:  If an Alien sneaks up on you from behind in a third-person game, you can see it before you even have to turn around, which lacks any real sort of shock or surprise.   But in a first-person game, that scenario can be f*ckin' freaky.
I just stated the obvious. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed