ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 394,646 times)

RagingDragon

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2015, 02:40:05 AM
QuoteThis.  I think it would be great to see an expansion of Morse's history via a stand-alone Post-Alien 3 book.  Despite wanting Alien 3 retconned, I still love the film on its own merits and the only way to move that story forward seems to me to be through Morse's perspective.  So I really hope the powers that be give some consideration to expanding this into something bigger as a continuation from Alien 3.

With the generally positive reaction to a continuation to Aliens - I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Morse is the perfect character to continue on in some covert/subterfuge corporate malfeasance shit Alien continuation plotline, and this is easily segwayed into via the investigation that would follow the LV-426 incident. Even if he was left alive and isolated in the middle of nowhere, Morse is the type to say "f**k your secrecy" and spill the beans to someone important, like a relative of one of the marines, a high-ranking officer of the USCM, or an ICC investigator.

It's like the f**king Alien series was born on obsessive attention to detail in a hyper-realistic, gritty sci-fi setting, then suddenly went full retard after Alien 3 happened. How in the living shit did no writer conceive or even attempt an idea like this?

Perfect-Organism

The Morse continuation is such an obvious way to go that even I started to work on a script in the '90s that focused on Morse.  But it's lost, somewhere in time.  Like tears in the rain.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 11, 2015, 01:45:14 AM
QuoteCome on! You can't say which character?! Can you at least specify the movie the character appears in? Lol I suspect Alien 3...

It's not an odd numbered film... 

Scott Gorman?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2015, 06:31:06 PM
QuoteCome on! You can't say which character?! Can you at least specify the movie the character appears in? Lol I suspect Alien 3...

Scott Gorman?

Could be. SM always were an asshole.

Spoiler
Nah man, I'm just kidding. SM is cool  :laugh:
[close]

SM

Scott Gorman?

"Thanks for the coffee".
;D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2015, 10:05:10 PM

Scott Gorman?

"Thanks for the coffee".
;D

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen.  We found'im.

Engineer

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 20, 2015, 12:18:58 AM

Scott Gorman?

"Thanks for the coffee".
;D

Seriously?!? I could have sworn Gorman had a canonical first name! It wasn't "William" or "bill"??

SM

Gorman's first name starts with an S.  Only marine besides Hicks who doesn't share a first initial with the actor.

Engineer

Wow. That's pretty cool! :-)

SM

I thought so.  :)

Engineer

You should change your username to SG

Or perhaps: SG, the fan formerly known as SM

Lol, jk

SM

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 20, 2015, 02:53:34 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 20, 2015, 12:18:58 AM

Scott Gorman?

"Thanks for the coffee".
;D

Seriously?!? I could have sworn Gorman had a canonical first name! It wasn't "William" or "bill"??

Hmmm, Gorman totally seems like a William.  Bill, billy, or mac or buddy...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2015, 10:05:10 PM"Thanks for the coffee".
;D

So I was right :)

I've never actually noticed what initial he has on the manifest seen in Aliens. I always assumed it was W. I'll try to remember to look next time I watch the film.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 20, 2015, 07:41:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2015, 10:05:10 PM"Thanks for the coffee".
;D

So I was right :)

I've never actually noticed what initial he has on the manifest seen in Aliens. I always assumed it was W. I'll try to remember to look next time I watch the film.

I think that was my mistake too. I assumed it was a W, or perhaps I saw the "s" first-initial and assumed there was already a name, not just a letter. I can't remember now... Lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed