No Extended Cut for AvPR UK Sets

Started by Darkness, Apr 21, 2008, 09:09:04 PM

Author
No Extended Cut for AvPR UK Sets (Read 15,233 times)

Darkness

Darkness

A couple of clarifications need to be made about the UK AvPR DVDs / Blu-Ray sets. I read the first UK AvPR Blu-Ray review over on DVDActive and:

-There will be no extended / unrated cut in the UK AvPR Blu-Ray Set. Instead, all people will get is the theatrical version. The same is probably true for the DVDs too. If you noticed on shopping sites, the DVDs have been renamed from Extended Combat Edition to Ultimate Combat Edition.

-The 20 minutes of deleted scenes which we heard about a while ago is nothing more than the 6-7 minutes of extra footage from the US Unrated version. This has been padded out with existing footage which comes out at 20 minutes in length. What a bitch, eh? Still, there is a whole lot more hidden footage out there and I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox release another cut of the movie later down the line.

According to Fox UK, the lack of an extended version was due to ‘time constraints on production’. On the bright side though, we do get a few more extras than the US sets.

War Wager

I really hate Fox sometimes... oh no wait... all the time.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

woow i dunno what to say about this.................    :-\  

Andy

Andy

wtf.... fox is damn gay lately. GO TO HELL FOX!!!!! they keep on screwin up the alien and predator movies! URGH   >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(     >:(  

The_G-Man

The_G-Man

It would be so much easier if all regions got the same thing. That way, everyone would at least be happy with the same content.

The_G-Man

The_G-Man

I hope this is only true with the blue-ray and not the DVD as well. I was looking forward to watching the extended edition.  (Sorry for d/p)

severen76

What a load bullshit.   I'm sick of getting f**ked over by FOX time and time again.

Le Celticant

lie lie lie... only thing that can make fox, producer and director of avp.

Starkiller

Cant belive that us brits arnt going to get a 'extended' version of the film! well i for one have cancelled my pre-orded copy! Im not giving FOX my hard earned cash. They really dont give a shit about the fans!    >:(  

deztista

deztista

Went into my local woolworths and saw the pre-order slevee of Alien vs Predator 2 and it said Extended Cut  with added 7 mins    ;D  but is still a shame that the blu-ray dvd won't have as well as that is what i have orded    :'(  

Zero

Zero

That last sentence offends me

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Don't even worry about it guys, because the film is so much darker on DVD you can't even see it. Unless you have a super super state of the art HDTV that gives you ultimate control over picture quality don't bother getting the DVD   :-\    I

The Chibi Kiriyama

Wow...I feel for the UK members here. While the extras might be entertaining, the theatrical cut is horrible. The unrated cut is a requirement if you're going to see this movie.

davebhamuk

If I can be bothered I will just get the region 1 dvd but to be honest I will leave this alone and if the extended version gets a release I might pick it up eventually.  Oh and to the FOX bashers, remember they are a business so if they try and milk their dvd releases its fair play no dvd is a necessity.

Krisjohn

Krisjohn

Looks like all the AvP-R stuff has vanished from ezydvd.com.au, so I suspect that Australia is getting a similar treatment. Oh, well, it's not like I can't just order the US DVD from Amazon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed