Alien 5 Or A New Storyline?

Started by g2vd, Aug 25, 2016, 09:36:32 AM

Choose

Aliens "2" (Blomkamp Project)
New Storyline
Alien 5 (Resurrection Sequel)
Author
Alien 5 Or A New Storyline? (Read 10,510 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2016, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: Yahzee on Sep 10, 2016, 12:01:40 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 09, 2016, 11:38:46 PM
Yeah, Blomkamp went on record saying it used to be different before Weaver spoke to him. Think Weaver may have also said something along those lines, but I know he did. She's definitely said she has no interest in reprising the cloned character.
...really, when did she ever said that? The only thing she said she had no interest was doing a movie on Earth. Where's the link to the interview you're all referring? Damn this fanboyish rumors...

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

Feel free to have a check through the news archives before throwing digs at fellow community members or staff: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/02/25/neill-blomkamp-talks-alien/

"Over the years, I came up with a story for a film in that universe that I wanted to make. And then when I talked to her about her experience making those films and what she thought about Ripley and everything else, it informed and changed the film I wanted to make into something different.

It just sort of stuck with me. A year later, when post-production was winding down on Chappie, I started fleshing out the idea for a film that would contain Sigourney. Fox never knew. I just worked on it when I could. Before I knew it, I had this really awesome film with a lot of artwork and a lot of backstory. And then I didn't know whether I was going to make it or not. So I just kind of sat on it for a while."

Here's another quote from an IGN review where he straight-out states that his film was originally going to take Alien 3 into account. There was another one somewhere where he said that he never imagined Weaver would be interested in doing another Alien film. That the only reason he kept talking to her about Alien/s on the Chappie set was because he was interested in how Ridley and Jim created those films. I do recall reading something along the lines of what Xenomorphine said about Weaver no longer being interested in reprising her Ripley 8 character but unfortunately I can't remember where it was.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 04, 2015, 11:42:13 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/04/how-district-9-director-neill-blomkamp-got-the-alien-gig

QuoteMy apprehension with Alien was that I had never worked with someone else's material. And not even someone else – at this point it was like... I'm going to count Fincher in with the third one, even though the third one I don't like as much as the first two. But they're all three awesome filmmakers. So it's not about living up to it and being nervous about it, I just don't want other people to tell me what to do. Which is a different thing. 'Well we think in this film this should happen because it happened in that one.'  That kind of scared me a little bit so then I was like 'I'm just not going to do it, I'm just going to put it out.' But then I spoke to Sigourney [Weaver]. And I love Sigourney and her wanting to execute the story  that I wrote, and she thinks it's the right story for Ripley. So I was like 'Nah, I'm fully going to do this.'

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I always thought that he meant all three filmmakers were awesome, not that he was going to count all three films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed