Terminator Syndrome

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 19, 2015, 09:07:05 AM

Author
Terminator Syndrome (Read 5,450 times)

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 21, 2015, 11:35:33 AM
Miles Dyson was possibly also on the brink of cracking the code or whatever of the chip in T2, Advancing Judgment Day to 95/96.

He was on the brink of recreating the technology. that's true. But it wasn't going to advance it to before 1997.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQsG3TKQ0I

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 21, 2015, 11:35:33 AMDyson was probaly already working on the program that would be called Skynet before being pulled of the project to study this strange technology.

Wrong. Dyson himself explains that he and the company weren't working on anything remotely similar to skynet until they found the chip and the arm. This is explicitly stated.

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 21, 2015, 11:35:33 AMThem destroying his work just reset it back to 97. Dyson after all did not even know were the thing came from. He asked that question once and was told "don't ask". So him being in the dark about Cyberdyn's true knowledge and goals shows us that all they could do was to try and stop it

He was told "dont ask" when he inquired as to where the company obtained the arm and chip. Nothing more.

, but Judgment Day is inevitable. Skynets sees its own demise, sends T3000 Conor back to guide Cyberdyne instead on the new APP Skynet that will produce the future T5000.

Don't you see? If judgment day is inevitable then Skynet wouldn't have to travel back in time to make sure it happens. It would just happen because its inevitable.

This added with the fact that the first part of the movie is, now this is very important, SHOT FOR SHOT the first movie until the timeline shifts, added with returning characters and terminators from the first 2 movies.

You aren't understanding what T:G's premise was.  In T:G they are saying that there is a multiverse, yes?  and throughout all the universe's in the multiverse the same senerio plays out over and over again.  Judgment day, war against the machines, john conner, The time loop (with minor variations), etc.  This is stated by Skynet in Genisys and confirmed by the writers in this interview:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hell-Did-Matt-Smith-Come-From-Terminator-Genisys-72379.html

"This Skynet has been to this universe, and this universe, and this universe. That's why he says, 'I came a very long way to stop you.' He's not from here. So he's watched it. He's watched it happen a bunch of different times, and each time he's seen it there is a different result but the same result".

This means that the Skynet from Genisys, the one that converted Conner, has been traveling throughout the different universes.  In Genisys he stops at that universe's point in the time loop so that he can kill Conner and Break the loop in a way that hasn't been done before.  As he said, he keeps seeing that no matter what he loses to Conner so this time he tries something different. This explains why they recreated some scenes shot for shot. Because all the universe follow the same pattern of events.

The implications of this are that T1-T4 happen in one universe. And the Events of T:G happen in another.  A Reboot, not a sequel.

To me, and the creator of the franchise who knows more about the entire franchise than anyone, this is a sequel to T1 and T2.

James Cameron's word on this matter means nothing.  He was not involved in writing this film or its production.  He can say whatever he wants but it doesn't matter. 

*Edit*

We should probably continue the terminator related part of this conversation over in the cyberdyne thread of the general movie discussions board.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Well, Dyson said the microchip and arm took them in directions they "would never have" thought of (although, for all he knew, they might have).

However, that wouldn't have been neccessary. Once the basics of whatever T1-era Skynet had as a foundation, were thought up, it was then inevitable. A case could easily be made that if Skynet had arisen from the events of T2, it would have been more powerful than it initially had been.

Back to the new film (because this thread will have to be merged with the other one, otherwise), I really don't see it having the same effect as 'Genisys'. An awful lot of fans and, more importantly, casual viewers, tend to dismiss the third and fourth 'Alien' films. If this film does negate them, all it has to do is to be at least equal to them in entertainment terms (being more so would be an unquestionable bonus). Nobody's said it's going to wipe the first and second out of continuity.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 22, 2015, 03:02:36 AM
Back to the new film (because this thread will have to be merged with the other one, otherwise), I really don't see it having the same effect as 'Genisys'. An awful lot of fans and, more importantly, casual viewers, tend to dismiss the third and fourth 'Alien' films. If this film does negate them, all it has to do is to be at least equal to them in entertainment terms (being more so would be an unquestionable bonus). Nobody's said it's going to wipe the first and second out of continuity.

+1 Part of where Genisys messed up was by trampling on the foundations of it's own franchise. From what we've been teased, Alien 5 will avoid this by being an alternate attempt at continuing the legacy of Alien and Aliens.

How they explain this branching can either be done in the plot with (time travel / hypersleep nightmares etc) or simply by the filmmakers saying "we're pretending those other films never happened and trying again" Something tells me the latter will be more likely being cost effective with less writing to explain everything.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

f**k, here's an idea. Now hear me out. We ditch this Bloomkamp guy and hire M. Night. Shyamalan. instead. Whacha all say? I mean seriously the odds of getting what happened in TG or another "district 9/Elysium/chappie" is odds on very likely with bloomkamp. I say hurl caution to the fan and let it splatter everywhere; like that guy in AlienĀ³ did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed