So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie?

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 16, 2015, 11:01:42 AM

Author
So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie? (Read 5,986 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Sep 25, 2015, 06:10:14 PM
I'm just wondering why we never got a movie based on the Colonial Marines? I mean, that just screams for a spin off. Now that's something I think Blomkamp could knock out of the park. All the cool tech and vehicles? Perfect for him. We'd also get to see some other nasty things they had to deal with ala "it's a bug hunt".

That would be excellent if I might say so.

QuoteI read your script and liked it a lot, are you living in California at the moment?

Thanks bro! And no, I can't stand the city I found. I like my mountains too much. :P

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 28, 2015, 10:39:00 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2015, 08:35:50 AM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Sep 26, 2015, 02:45:00 AMAlien Horizon  :laugh: :o

Event Horalien.
Just the thought of Paul makes me want to use a facehugger for my facepalm...

Event Horizon actually wasn't that bad, imo. It wasn't a masterpiece, but it definitely eclipses all of his other films by multiple factors.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 25, 2015, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 12:07:27 AM
A new story with dead characters?

Still a new story.

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Sep 25, 2015, 06:10:14 PM
I'm just wondering why we never got a movie based on the Colonial Marines? I mean, that just screams for a spin off. Now that's something I think Blomkamp could knock out of the park. All the cool tech and vehicles? Perfect for him. We'd also get to see some other nasty things they had to deal with ala "it's a bug hunt".

Hollywood has tried many times over the years to do films about futuristic soldiers. It hasn't often succeeded... Look at the awful 'Doom' film adaptation, to name just one example.

If a film was made just about the Colonial Marines, my feeling is that we'd wish they had never tried.

Also, 'bug hunt' is military terminology for something a lot more boring than you imagine. :)

I think one can be done well. The first Starship Troopers movie would be a good template for a Colonial Marines movie. Imagine seeing a film about humans raiding a Xenomorph Hiveworld akin to the Mobile Infantry raiding Klendathu. (But with better tactics instead of zerg rushing the bugs)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Sep 28, 2015, 06:44:24 PM
I think one can be done well. The first Starship Troopers movie would be a good template for a Colonial Marines movie. Imagine seeing a film about humans raiding a Xenomorph Hiveworld akin to the Mobile Infantry raiding Klendathu. (But with better tactics instead of zerg rushing the bugs)

God, no... That was an awful film. Utterly superficial and devoid of the realism presented in 'Aliens'.

At least Ripley and Hicks had the intelligence to suggest orbital nuclear bombardment from a safe distance. :) There would be no reason for them not to do the same to an Alien homeworld (or at least quarantining it). Even if the story had a predictable 'secure a sample' sub-plot, that could be handled by robotics. Wouldn't need human soldiers to physically go down there by the hundreds/thousands.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 28, 2015, 08:14:27 PM

God, no... That was an awful film. Utterly superficial and devoid of the realism presented in 'Aliens'.

At least Ripley and Hicks had the intelligence to suggest orbital nuclear bombardment from a safe distance. :) There would be no reason for them not to do the same to an Alien homeworld (or at least quarantining it). Even if the story had a predictable 'secure a sample' sub-plot, that could be handled by robotics. Wouldn't need human soldiers to physically go down there by the hundreds/thousands.

Like I said, "with better tactics".  :)

I want to see how the Marines would handle the situation on screen.

Or it could be about them facing human opponents. Show other nations and their armies. Kind of like Saving Private Ryan or something but with Colonial Marines.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Sep 28, 2015, 09:32:58 PMOr it could be about them facing human opponents. Show other nations and their armies. Kind of like Saving Private Ryan or something but with Colonial Marines.

I hadn't thought about it 'til you said that, but there were numerous worlds and scenarios described in the old Aliens RPG (terrible game, great lore), that I'd be keen to see explored.

Corporal Hicks

As much as I love those films (my guilty pleasures), they're not a good template for an Aliens film. Unless you're talking more about the basic narrative of simply Colonial Marines on an Alien Hiveworld - in which case I'm totally up for that. I'm dying to see an entire landscape filmed with hive or Giger's silos.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 28, 2015, 11:28:47 AM
You know I was just thinking if he wants to be really ballsy he could title it:

Neil Bloomkamps: Aliens

One would think that if he was that vain he would at least know how to spell his own name correctly.  :P

Anyway, how 'bout: Alien: Xenophobia?

System Apollo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 29, 2015, 08:26:43 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 28, 2015, 11:28:47 AM
You know I was just thinking if he wants to be really ballsy he could title it:

Neil Bloomkamps: Aliens

One would think that if he was that vain he would at least know how to spell his own name correctly.  :P

Anyway, how 'bout: Alien: Xenophobia?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*Blomkamp at his bank filling out a Visa application.*
"Right... Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuhl Blum- Blum- Blum- bloom? Bloomkamp! What next? Address? Oh christ, I'm going to be here all day..."

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 28, 2015, 09:45:49 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Sep 28, 2015, 09:32:58 PMOr it could be about them facing human opponents. Show other nations and their armies. Kind of like Saving Private Ryan or something but with Colonial Marines.

I hadn't thought about it 'til you said that, but there were numerous worlds and scenarios described in the old Aliens RPG (terrible game, great lore), that I'd be keen to see explored.

Really? That's quite interesting to hear. I remember the original script for Alien 3 introduced some different nation that was in an arm's race with the United Americas. Also that Colonial Marines game for the Nintendo DS was it? The side scrolling one, puts this human faction from the Alien 3 original script in the game.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2015, 08:14:52 AM

As much as I love those films (my guilty pleasures), they're not a good template for an Aliens film. Unless you're talking more about the basic narrative of simply Colonial Marines on an Alien Hiveworld - in which case I'm totally up for that. I'm dying to see an entire landscape filmed with hive or Giger's silos.

Yeah, that's what I meant, a basic setting. I mean, "Aliens: Genocide" had quite a decent idea on how the Marines would handle the situation. I'm sure there's some other good Colonial Marines stories that could be made into a great movie with some tweaks to make it fit on film.

Have you seen the CGI Starship Troophers movie, Hicks? It's actually way better than it sounds. The CGI is so well done and the Mobile Infantry use exosuits to fight the Arachnids. It'd be cool to see Marines use their own suits designed for war that we see from the EU. From my memory, that CGI spinoff film is set on a ship mostly. I can see a movie mainly taking place on a Conestoga Class ship that just got infested and the marines struggle to survive while they wait for back up to arrive.

D. Compton Ambrose

;) Me too.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Sep 28, 2015, 06:44:24 PMI think one can be done well. The first Starship Troopers movie would be a good template for a Colonial Marines movie.

Don't really agree with that at all. For starters Starship Troopers was a satirical comedy.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 30, 2015, 09:11:08 AM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Sep 28, 2015, 06:44:24 PMI think one can be done well. The first Starship Troopers movie would be a good template for a Colonial Marines movie.

Don't really agree with that at all. For starters Starship Troopers was a satirical comedy.

He as elaborated to say he means from a basic story level.

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Sep 29, 2015, 02:14:50 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant, a basic setting. I mean, "Aliens: Genocide" had quite a decent idea on how the Marines would handle the situation. I'm sure there's some other good Colonial Marines stories that could be made into a great movie with some tweaks to make it fit on film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed