So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie?

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 16, 2015, 11:01:42 AM

Author
So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie? (Read 5,987 times)

LiquidMonster

I'm just wondering why we never got a movie based on the Colonial Marines? I mean, that just screams for a spin off. Now that's something I think Blomkamp could knock out of the park. All the cool tech and vehicles? Perfect for him. We'd also get to see some other nasty things they had to deal with ala "it's a bug hunt".

T Dog

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 25, 2015, 06:08:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2015, 01:23:11 PM
https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/647186673730646016

Quotenew film is ALIEN 5: PROMETHEUS

xD
He's got a wicked sense of humor.  :laugh:

Why not take the title and do a cliché?

Spoiler
Alien:Rise of Ripley
[close]

Ripley's Revenge!

System Apollo

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 06:10:26 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 25, 2015, 06:08:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2015, 01:23:11 PM
https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/647186673730646016

Quotenew film is ALIEN 5: PROMETHEUS

xD
He's got a wicked sense of humor.  :laugh:

Why not take the title and do a cliché?

Spoiler
Alien:Rise of Ripley
[close]

Ripley's Revenge!

Alien Resurrecti- oh wait...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 25, 2015, 01:30:57 PM
He's obviously j/k but it wouldn't surprise me if Fox renames Prometheus to "Alien: Prometheus".

That was actually my second thought after I heard the Paradise Lost news. xD

Vermillion

Vermillion

Alien: Tits Up

Alien: Species is floating around

Xenomorphine

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 12:07:27 AM
A new story with dead characters?

Still a new story.

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Sep 25, 2015, 06:10:14 PM
I'm just wondering why we never got a movie based on the Colonial Marines? I mean, that just screams for a spin off. Now that's something I think Blomkamp could knock out of the park. All the cool tech and vehicles? Perfect for him. We'd also get to see some other nasty things they had to deal with ala "it's a bug hunt".

Hollywood has tried many times over the years to do films about futuristic soldiers. It hasn't often succeeded... Look at the awful 'Doom' film adaptation, to name just one example.

If a film was made just about the Colonial Marines, my feeling is that we'd wish they had never tried.

Also, 'bug hunt' is military terminology for something a lot more boring than you imagine. :)

D. Compton Ambrose

Alien Horizon  :laugh: :o

marrerom

Alien: cruise control

Vermillion

Aliens: Hudson's Return

Whiskeybrewer

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 16, 2015, 12:12:20 PM
Calling it Alien 3 is just going to cause people to confuse it with the existing movie. It should be "Alien:_______" followed by the title, not a number.

Here is what Blomkamp said with regards to the title:

Quote"One thing that makes me feel good about it is that Ridley is producing it. He likes the idea of what I want to make."

The Chappie director wasn't about to spill the beans about what that might be, however, instead teasing that even revealing his idea for the movie's title would be too much information. "I sent the title to Ridley," he said. "It's kinda quite bold, but it gives away to much if I say the title."

Of the mysterious title, Blomkamp had one more hint to give: "In the event that it doesn't work, I'm dead in the water," he said. Is that a hint about what the title might be, or maybe a sign of the script's big idea?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/neill-blomkamp-talks-alien-project-783732

Alien: Fiorina 161 Lost

System Apollo

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Sep 26, 2015, 02:45:00 AM
Alien Horizon  :laugh: :o
I read your script and liked it a lot, are you living in California at the moment?

HuDaFuK

System Apollo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2015, 08:35:50 AM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Sep 26, 2015, 02:45:00 AMAlien Horizon  :laugh: :o

Event Horalien.
Just the thought of Paul makes me want to use a facehugger for my facepalm...

whiterabbit

You know I was just thinking if he wants to be really ballsy he could title it:

Neil Bloomkamps: Aliens

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed