Hick's face

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 10, 2015, 09:58:53 AM

Author
Hick's face (Read 6,136 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Why bother though.  It's 30 years later?!

pred169

pred169

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2015, 07:39:21 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 13, 2015, 08:42:10 PMBut if you want to REALLY get realistic, just a few drops of acid should've killed Hicks in Aliens if we are to take into account what happened in Alien when the face hugger bled on the floor of the Nostromo.

But the original Alien isn't even consistent with itself. That tiny spurt from the Facehugger almost breaches the Nostromo's hull two decks down, yet when Ripley impales the adult with a harpoon its blood has no effect on the cable, when it should've dissolved through it in about two seconds flat.

I always assumed, like I said before, most of the acid that hit Hicks (which was only a relatively small amount anyway) hit his armour, and he was lucky enough to get that off more or less before it burned through. As for his face, I figured he just got hit by a fine spray. We know Alien blood oxidises and becomes neutral in air, so a fine mist would lose its potency quickly (greater surface area) before it could do any major damage.
Agreed. There's one part where ash is discussing the facehugger with Ripley and states that it is constantly replacing it's cells because they are rapidly dying off. Maybe that's why they acid wasn't so bad when Ripley hit it with the harpoon. Perhaps after expelling so much energy egg morphing it was resting. Trying to replinish it's energy and replacing its cells. That could explain why the acid wasn't as potent. The cell count or molecular breakdown of the acid was halfway neutralized.

bobcunk

bobcunk

The hive wars hicks has an eye patch. I just assumed he was fine and if he was in a sequel hes face would be fine. In the colonial marines game he wasn't all scared and stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed