Hick's face

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 10, 2015, 09:58:53 AM

Author
Hick's face (Read 6,133 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

ouch! but totally true. Well it wasn't so much the puppet but the composting. Those shots should have never been used.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

I don't mind the scarring, it is an awesome nod to the Aliens novels. Then again, I really despise Blomkamp's idea of the Company successfully taming the Aliens and putting freaking goggles on them. Honestly, if Blomkamp gets the film exactly how he wants it, it's going to suck.

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: Dan Grant on Sep 13, 2015, 02:19:52 AM
I don't mind the scarring, it is an awesome nod to the Aliens novels. Then again, I really despise Blomkamp's idea of the Company successfully taming the Aliens and putting freaking goggles on them. Honestly, if Blomkamp gets the film exactly how he wants it, it's going to suck.
Tame Aliens? Goggles? Wat??? Were are you getting this info from?

Ash 937

Ash 937

If Hicks was in active duty for all those years since Aliens then it is completely possible that he got the scar from somewhere else. 

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 13, 2015, 06:35:38 AM
If Hicks was in active duty for all those years since Aliens then it is completely possible that he got the scar from somewhere else.
Of course thats possible but do you really think thats the implication of the concept art? I doubt it. Its obviously an extreme exaggeration of the acid burn from Aliens.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

LISTEN TO THE MAN!

Vermillion

Vermillion

SM
He needs to chirp in.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 13, 2015, 05:54:11 AM
Quote from: Dan Grant on Sep 13, 2015, 02:19:52 AM
Tame Aliens? Goggles? Wat??? Were are you getting this info from?

He's confused with some fan art he saw. It's not official in any way.

Quote from: Vermillion on Sep 13, 2015, 11:14:14 AM
SM
He needs to chirp in.

He's only allowed to post in the Alien-Predator Literature sub-forum.

Vermillion

Vermillion

That looks worse than the trained Velociraptors.  Wtf.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 13, 2015, 11:40:23 AM

Oh thank God. -Sighs with relief.-

System Apollo

System Apollo

That idea is pretty ubiquitous when it comes to Alien EU. I wouldn't put it past Neill if in his plot Weyland did eventually harness aliens.

Quote from: Vermillion on Sep 13, 2015, 11:14:14 AM
SM
He needs to chirp in.

He's only allowed to post in the Alien-Predator Literature sub-forum.
It would be rather funny if the staff here tweaked what SM's profile could view into only that specific sub-forum and he was unaware this whole time.  :laugh:

Vermillion

Vermillion

Why is SM limited?

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 13, 2015, 09:04:25 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 13, 2015, 06:35:38 AM
Of course thats possible but do you really think thats the implication of the concept art? I doubt it. Its obviously an extreme exaggeration of the acid burn from Aliens.

It's the only way to legitimize the concept art as making any sense. 

But if you want to REALLY get realistic, just a few drops of acid should've killed Hicks in Aliens if we are to take into account what happened in Alien when the face hugger bled on the floor of the Nostromo.  The small splash that hit Hicks's armor and face would've eaten through his body like two giant bullets and he would've been dead before the elevator door even reopened.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 13, 2015, 08:42:10 PMBut if you want to REALLY get realistic, just a few drops of acid should've killed Hicks in Aliens if we are to take into account what happened in Alien when the face hugger bled on the floor of the Nostromo.

But the original Alien isn't even consistent with itself. That tiny spurt from the Facehugger almost breaches the Nostromo's hull two decks down, yet when Ripley impales the adult with a harpoon its blood has no effect on the cable, when it should've dissolved through it in about two seconds flat.

I always assumed, like I said before, most of the acid that hit Hicks (which was only a relatively small amount anyway) hit his armour, and he was lucky enough to get that off more or less before it burned through. As for his face, I figured he just got hit by a fine spray. We know Alien blood oxidises and becomes neutral in air, so a fine mist would lose its potency quickly (greater surface area) before it could do any major damage.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2015, 07:39:21 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 13, 2015, 08:42:10 PMBut if you want to REALLY get realistic, just a few drops of acid should've killed Hicks in Aliens if we are to take into account what happened in Alien when the face hugger bled on the floor of the Nostromo.

But the original Alien isn't even consistent with itself. That tiny spurt from the Facehugger almost breaches the Nostromo's hull two decks down, yet when Ripley impales the adult with a harpoon its blood has no effect on the cable, when it should've dissolved through it in about two seconds flat.

I always assumed, like I said before, most of the acid that hit Hicks (which was only a relatively small amount anyway) hit his armour, and he was lucky enough to get that off more or less before it burned through. As for his face, I figured he just got hit by a fine spray. We know Alien blood oxidises and becomes neutral in air, so a fine mist would lose its potency quickly (greater surface area) before it could do any major damage.

Well in the original concept only the face-hugger had acid blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed