Hick's face

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 10, 2015, 09:58:53 AM

Author
Hick's face (Read 6,137 times)

Infected

Infected

Well if you get a drop of that acid, and you can choose, let it go and it will burn through his cheek down to his toes,
or wipe it with something so it loses power and mass and thus wiping it across its face will possibly cause this. ;)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Hey wait a minute, we don't know what happened in the time between when Rips was off the dropship. Hicks didn't look that out of shape, maybe bishop was making some piping hot coffee for Hicks when an explosion rocked the ship and he spilled it all over the left side of his face. Thus the real reason he had to be sedated and is so f**ked up looking in the promotional images.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  >:(

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Well, the point of the scars is, to be, well, scars. It looks intimidating (and gross).

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 10, 2015, 09:58:53 AM
Okay so it seems from the concept art for the new movie that Blomkamp is under the impression that Hick's face is completely f**ked on one side. I never got this impression from Aliens. The acid mostly got his chest and maybe a drop/fumes of it got on his eye. You never get the impression half of his face melted off.

I mean from this...

to this...

is quite a stretch aint it?

It is, but then again; how accurately would they present that depiction? Sadly, Some of these concept arts you're seeing might not even make it to fruition. I hope they do though,  I really like a lot of them, especially the derelict within the compound.

blood.

blood.

I like the piping hot coffee theory best

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 12, 2015, 04:04:27 AM
Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 10, 2015, 09:58:53 AM
Okay so it seems from the concept art for the new movie that Blomkamp is under the impression that Hick's face is completely f**ked on one side. I never got this impression from Aliens. The acid mostly got his chest and maybe a drop/fumes of it got on his eye. You never get the impression half of his face melted off.

I mean from this...

to this...

is quite a stretch aint it?

It is, but then again; how accurately would they present that depiction? Sadly, Some of these concept arts you're seeing might not even make it to fruition. I hope they do though,  I really like a lot of them, especially the derelict within the compound.

I do like the concept art and hope the film stays true to the vision on display, apart from the issue of Hick's face. It just dosnt sit right. Since he's trying to nail down the tone of the first two movies I think he'd need to leave their cannon 100% intact, especially since he's already doing away with 3 and 4 (not that I mind doing away with 4).

Vermillion

Vermillion

I think he'll have minimal scarring.
Cause really.  They are in the future and they can make androids with "realish" skin.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Isn't that pic from ADI studios? I just watched Harbringer Down and, man, that movie was a huge let-down.

Vermillion

Vermillion

He won't look like that.  Not a chance. 
For a split second like "two face" or Drake.  But not a main character for the entire film.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: NickisSmart on Sep 12, 2015, 02:38:30 PM
Isn't that pic from ADI studios? I just watched Harbringer Down and, man, that movie was a huge let-down.

Yeah, it's Tom Woodruff from ADI.

And looks like ADI will be working on Alien 5.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/578003404351406080

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

God damn it! Well, I hope their work for Alien 5 is better than their Kickstarter project. I am a huge lover of practical effects but that film did not impress me. I suppose a great deal of this disappointment is thanks to the monster design, which, for the most part, looked too similar for most of the film (when you could see it -- everything was pretty dark). The design itself was like a low-budget version of the alien from John Carpenter's The Thing... if we had only been introduced to one variety of that monster's transformations.

System Apollo

System Apollo

He's retconning Alien 3 but he's using ADI?   :-\

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Didn't ADI do the effects for Alien 3?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Lol puppet effect on ceiling.
A 1977 film looked better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed