The script change

Started by FreeFacehugz, Jul 06, 2015, 06:22:46 AM

Author
The script change (Read 2,470 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 07, 2015, 01:31:43 PM
Nothing happened between 'Alien 3' and 'Alien Resurrection' - which Weyland-Yutani or any US governmental agencies know about.

Which isn't a massive deal anyway - there are other organizations/people and a massive galaxy.

QuoteIf either of those two films gets retconned, however, then all bets are off. Heck, if A3 gets wiped, it's once again possible for any Alien to potentially mature into a Queen, which hugely multiplies their planetary threat factor (as would egg-transformation being a way to create a Queen).

I wonder if Blomkamp might look towards the egg-morphing having something to do with this. We've seen what looks like someone being egg morphing so maybe...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

He's repeated several times that he wants to have psychosexuality return in a major way. Turning people into eggs would be the most obvious way to do that. So, I'm thinking so.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 06, 2015, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 06, 2015, 01:51:47 PM
My guess is that Blomkamp's had a more traditional vision of the Jockeys that didn't jive with Ridley's new take on them.

Yeah, could be that Blomkamp wanted to go back to the Lovecraftian eldritch creature seen in the first film while the Guv'nor wanted bald steroided albino giants instead.

It is the most likely scenario, but the xeno suit it made me think for a moment that Blomkamp was supporting the Ridley's vision of the Space Jockeys :laugh:

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

So they are still going to proceed with this movie?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As far as we know.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Ok.

Wish I could be excited about this project, but the premise and basis of the whole thing is such a big turn-off for me. Can't see past the ALIENS fanboy wankery and His & N00t necrophilia.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Yeah you don't like it. We get it.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 17, 2015, 01:36:46 AM

Thank you for letting me know.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 17, 2015, 05:40:12 PM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 17, 2015, 01:36:46 AM

Thank you for letting me know.
Don't worry bro me and you both, I am getting worried about it like seriously a zeno suit and those aliens behind ripley what is this star wars(I want alien 3 back >:( >:( >:( >:( >:()

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really don't think they are aliens. Just humans but the art hasn't given them as much detail.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2015, 09:58:30 PM
I really don't think they are aliens. Just humans but the art hasn't given them as much detail.
Some people are saying they are humans well we can only wait i am still worried about alien 5

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 16, 2015, 08:30:57 PM
Ok.

Wish I could be excited about this project, but the premise and basis of the whole thing is such a big turn-off for me. Can't see past the ALIENS fanboy wankery and His & N00t necrophilia.

You're on an Aliens fansite discussing retconning Alien 3 or not.  Come on man, it's fanboy wankery either way.  Alien 3 fanboys and Alien 3 retcon proponents are guilty of the exact same thing.  Embrace the fact that people have different opinions.

Given Bloomkamp's fascination with exo suits as defined in ALL of his films so far, I expect that we may see Ripley donning a full on Engineer exo suit and beating the crap out of some Aliens?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's really going to depend on how linked to Prometheus Alien 5 will be. I don't mind the idea if they make the suit more bio-mechanical than it was in Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed