Our Alien 5

Started by thanatos86, Jun 24, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

Author
Our Alien 5 (Read 15,927 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 30, 2015, 01:23:31 PM
Might as well reboot the whole franchise looking as the way we are going.

Depends on how you define reboot. I like to think of it as a sequel with loose ties to the original that intends to reinvigorate interest in the series. That kind of thing I'm happy with.

A complete remake...nope. That I just don't want.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Yeah. Technically, the first of the 'Aliens Versus Predator' comics could have been seen as a 'reboot', because it was set in the continuity, but had no real links to any characters, company names or events which came before it. It was like wiping the slate clean, but not retconning anything.

Kept stuff fresh without threatening to bloat what was already there.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 01, 2015, 03:45:35 AM

Something tells me.. we're not that far.
He did say there will be more then ONE Alien movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 01, 2015, 12:29:34 PM

Who did?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 01, 2015, 12:41:45 PM

Neil said it i think also check wikipedia Alien franchise and it should be there.

Who did?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Blomkamp and/or Weaver has said that there could potentially be a way to have one or two further sequels. That isn't the same as saying those sequels have been guaranteed. Just that there are ways of moving the story forward after this.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Oh sure but this could also depend on audience reaction.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 01, 2015, 04:43:56 PM

Honestly i hope there will be only Alien movie something that wraps everything up if there are more sequels it just becomes a cash grab and if Ripley  keeps facing Aliens it just like "basically you have to do this"and it loses it sense of dread like Aliens was scary because Ripley had to face her fears again Alien 3 had a lot of tension because it was a mystery and they had no guns you get what i am trying to say.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 04:37:29 PM
Blomkamp and/or Weaver has said that there could potentially be a way to have one or two further sequels. That isn't the same as saying those sequels have been guaranteed. Just that there are ways of moving the story forward after this.

I can't remember this. Do you remember when this was?

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 01, 2015, 04:43:56 PM

Which depends on quality. I just hope they knock it out the park.

monkeylove

monkeylove

The genre of the first movie is horror, and the second focuses more on action because the creature is already known by the audience. I'm not sure about the third, but it seems to focus more on something like detective fiction, as protagonists attempt to outwit the antagonist, with complications that are developed in the fourth movie.

Given that, a fifth movie without any retcon would probably go back to the genre that dominated the second movie, but it should serve as an ending for the franchise. That will mean a new set of protagonists, a new setting (perhaps a large space city where human beings are forced to live as the earth is no long inhabitable due to pollution, etc.), and some backstory about the creatures that will make a confrontation between the aliens and human beings the last one.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2015, 07:33:38 AM
I can't remember this. Do you remember when this was?

Located it:

Quote from: BlomkampSo when I started speaking to her, I just wanted to know more about the process of making the first two films. The first two are the ones that I care about. Then I started to realise there was a whole film - at least a film, if not more - that still contained Ripley, which I was really surprised by.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52501.0

It seems like he is aiming to give the story a deliberate way to have another sequel if one is asked for.

cheachea

cheachea

Maybe have a film that takes place after Aliens but before Alien 3 Timeline wise, but has nothing to do with Ripley.

Have it involve the Alien colony in Aliens. Also, have The people who arrive on the planet have even more advanced weaponry then the Marines had.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The colony which got vaporised into a radioactive husk? :)

If you're setting it right at the end of the second film, you have to keep in mind that the Colonial Marines were declaring their equipment is 'state of the art'.

Otherwise, it's just rehashing a certain bad quality computer game - and nobody wants that.

windebieste

windebieste

Besides, it wasn't their equipment that was at fault.  It was a lack of intel coupled with their inability to develop a strategy against an underestimated and extremely hostile foe the likes of which the USCM had never encountered before. 

Once brought to bare against Xenomorphs, pretty much all of their arsenal was effective.  Pulse rifles, smartguns, and sentryguns made short work of them while even the flamethrower effectively neutralised the chestburster. 

They were certainly prepared for combat and had the training to deal with any situation; but on LV-426 the Marines simply had no idea of what they were actually up against.  Their mission may have ended more successfully and with a lot less casualties if they had been aware of the true nature of the threat they were sent to deal with.

-Windebieste.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I think they would have stood a much better chance if they hadn't effectively been disarmed before going in the 'nursery chamber'. It immediately put them on the wrong foot, psychologically.

Like Dutch's squad in 'Predator', you do get a plausible sense of these people being professionals who would usually be able to deal with an otherwise hectic situation.

Films like 'Doom' don't bother doing that. They just have their characters proclaim they're 'the best' without ever feeling like they've earned it (and then run around like headless teenagers).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed