Actors/actresses you'd like to see in Alien 5

Started by HuDaFuK, Mar 25, 2015, 02:42:10 PM

Author
Actors/actresses you'd like to see in Alien 5 (Read 14,534 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 26, 2015, 01:13:58 PM
Just because we don't know what the roles are, doesn't mean we can't suggest people who we think might be appropriate for an Alien movie.

But... That could be literally anybody. Including a ton of unknowns. :)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 26, 2015, 09:10:42 PMBut... That could be literally anybody. Including a ton of unknowns. :)

Not really. Steve Carell wouldn't exactly be a good shout.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

HuDaFuK

Touché!

GQSioux

Melissa McCarthy

:D

SpreadEagleBeagle

The Alien movies have a beautiful tradition of casting actors that aren't drop-dead gorgeous, super hot, muscle bound, mega fit, overtly attractive etc. The tradition was broken in PROM, and the AVP movies don't even count ;p

Actors in Alien movies are people of all ages; hard working everyday people with regular looks, where's others have very characteristic and distinctive face with proportions or features that hardly would win them a beauty contest. The closest thing we get to pretty boys and pretty girls are The Girl/Boy Next Door characters, like Hicks or Call.

I really hope A5 will stay away from the young-hot-n-sexy trap. I would love to see Willem Dafoe for example.

Son Of Kane

Willem Dafoe alters Alien genetics for Bioweapons division, doesn't have time to go back to formula.

NickisSmart

Tommy Wiseau.

Sozin

Bob Odenkirk as a smooth talking Company man. 8)

NickisSmart

Gérard Lanvin or Tchéky Karyo

Gash

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 26, 2015, 11:59:32 PM
The Alien movies have a beautiful tradition of casting actors that aren't drop-dead gorgeous, super hot, muscle bound, mega fit, overtly attractive etc. The tradition was broken in PROM, and the AVP movies don't even count ;p

Actors in Alien movies are people of all ages; hard working everyday people with regular looks, where's others have very characteristic and distinctive face with proportions or features that hardly would win them a beauty contest. The closest thing we get to pretty boys and pretty girls are The Girl/Boy Next Door characters, like Hicks or Call.

I really hope A5 will stay away from the young-hot-n-sexy trap. I would love to see Willem Dafoe for example.

I don't think PROM broke the tradition, just that David was supposed to be physically perfect and Vickers was sort of in the role of 'is she or isn't she' an android of a similar design too. No one else in the film was all that attractive. I don't think Holloway or Janek are any more physically appealing than say Dallas, or Parker.

evolution_rex

Not to mention Prometheus had Sean Harris with a rather unattractive hair style and Kate Dickie (who I think is actually pretty attractive but many wouldn't say she looks 'conventional'.)

And I just noticed that I listed Benedict Wong earlier and completely forgot he was already in a film in the Alienverse.

SuperM

Danny Webb as a random guy who shouts "F***!" after the alien grabs someone from a vent shaft. ;D

Close Encounters

Quote from: NickisSmart on Mar 27, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
Gérard Lanvin or Tchéky Karyo

Good pick. Haven't seen him in anything for a long time.

NickisSmart

I keep thinking of older actors, and it makes sense to a degree given that everyone in the original cast for Alien was older than the average cast for a slasher flick -- and in Aliens, too, the cast had almost no young-looking members, excluding the children.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed