The Weapons in Alien 5?

Started by Inverse Effect, Mar 16, 2015, 06:50:38 AM

Author
The Weapons in Alien 5? (Read 6,829 times)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Do you think we'll get like updated Pulse rifles and Smartguns? aka Pulse Rifle MKII etc?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

If they have Pulse Rifles and Smart Guns I just as soon they don't touch anything. Those designs are flawless as is.

One of the most annoying things to me in Colonial Marines was seeing the Pulse Rifle done up like an AR-15 pattern rifle with the stupid rails and irons added on it. No.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nah - that made sense. It had no sights. Not even iron sights. And you never saw it used with their HUDs. It was a silly concept as a weapon.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2015, 12:49:20 PMNah - that made sense. It had no sights. Not even iron sights. And you never saw it used with their HUDs. It was a silly concept as a weapon.

It fairness, we never really see it all that clearly in the film. I always just assumed it had some iron sights in the groove along the top of the carry handle - something ACM added to the few oldschool Pulse Rifles that were in the game.

OT: All these "do you think this will be in the new film?" threads crack me up. How the hell do we know what will be in the new film and what won't? We don't even know what the new film's about yet.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Better yet, we never really seee that much of any of the weapons. I suppose the only real clip we get of the Pulse Rifle is from this scene

I suppose the grove on top of the handle is where you look through to aim.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It really depends on how many years are meant to have passed - if any.

Vermillion

Vermillion

No years. 

Leak in cryotubes caused advanced aging.

Expect Aliens level tech. Including sharp sticks.

Born Of Cold Light

Aliens takes place over two hundred years in the future.  Can't we get something a little more advanced?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Interesting that you say that. The treatment for Aliens indicates that the intention originally was that the USCM weapons were plasma-energy based and not "10MM explosive tipped caseless."  :)

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 16, 2015, 11:47:29 PM
Aliens takes place over two hundred years in the future.  Can't we get something a little more advanced?

Aliens takes place 57 years after Alien, actually.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 17, 2015, 03:54:19 PM

...And? It still takes place roughly two hundred years in the future.  :)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

If this is an Aliens sequel the M41A pulse rifle had better be in it. :P

Also, I thought the thing kind of aimed themselves, like the smart guns did? Just point and shoot, and things end up dead.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

If laser weapons can be done tastefully like in Prometheus sure, but I'd really like to see realistic weapons akin to the pulse rifle honestly, the weapons from the Halo series would be good inspiration.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 17, 2015, 10:54:48 PM
Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 17, 2015, 03:54:19 PM

...And? It still takes place roughly two hundred years in the future.  :)

I missed that. :P

Infected

Infected

Just keep the Industrial look of everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed