David Attenborough visits LV-426 - Alien Fan Production

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 18, 2023, 07:51:10 PM

Author
David Attenborough visits LV-426 - Alien Fan Production (Read 5,343 times)

oduodu

Quote from: SiL on Jun 22, 2023, 11:07:30 AMAI doesn't make the video, just the voice.

ty

do you know what software he used for the video?  blender ? i mean the animation work?  that s damn well done.

Corporal Hicks

We've already recorded the episode and the software came up there. Without relistening, I think it was the Source engine? Source Movie Maker?

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2023, 11:44:59 AMWe've already recorded the episode and the software came up there. Without relistening, I think it was the Source engine? Source Movie Maker?
ty

it makes me wonder if something like that could be used to make a movie like an alternate version of prometheus etc.

even if its not graphically to the same standard as prometheus . the possibilities  are actually very enticing. that would make it possible to create your own take on a movie. or edit a movie the way you want it to be even if the added section s are obviously animation s added.

would be nice to see . so thst peope can actually show you what they would have wanted in the movie.

exciting prospects if the cost and time investment is cut to such an extent that most normal pc setups could with a decent graphic s card could be able to produce said content.

or are we still a ways off?

guess the ip owner s might have something about it if it becomes profitable.

hoping for a crowd funded re write of prometheus where the sj s and engineers are two different things.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The thing with fan films and productions is they're not supposed to be for profit. So if you stick to that very basic tenant of fan film copyright, you're generally golden. Generally.

Bran96

This is awesome

Corporal Hicks

GreybackElder

That was super interesting, thanks for the podcast! I do wonder how much of what he used is actually legal but it sounds like Mr. Price has a bright future in filmmaking.

xShadowFoxX

As cool as it was, I was a little shocked at the usage of AI, with all the stigma against it. I'm not personally against it but shocking nonetheless.

oduodu

oduodu

blender unreal 5.2 source movie maker.

ok

vwey well done. hope he continues doing this. somwone needs to write him a script.

nice guy. very unasuming

Jurassicvania

Can't have something so: take it? Is that what my favorite show gives voice to?

Not interested in thieves

Still Collating...

It's a fan production. Non profit, just a funny video? No exploration, and I'm sure sir Attenborough is doing just fine financially... This ain't different than a lot of fan productions, it's just for fun. 

Jurassicvania

Jurassicvania

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 06, 2023, 10:12:39 PMIt's a fan production. Non profit, just a funny video? No exploration, and I'm sure sir Attenborough is doing just fine financially... This ain't different than a lot of fan productions, it's just for fun. 

With respect,
- You can see in the code for his channel it is set up to be monetized, {"key":"is_monetization_enabled","value":"true"}, this isn't a default. Profit is not a factor.

- The title & description list David Attenborough, and has voice with very high quality likeness - and there has been no effort to mention in the in title, description, video, that it is generated.

- No credit is given to assets used (with or without permission) in: description or tags

-creators tags in the video #'s don't even list anything relating to generative, ai, parody, sources, but does list #ink and #drawing?

There was a decent amount of effort gone into the video and creator had to have expected there would be more than just a couple views, creator should add some due responsibility.

**edit: I don't mean to come across acidic

SiL

I agree @Jurassicvania . The lack of transparency is really disappointing.

oduodu

oduodu

i am sorry to hear that. i just wanted to say that i adore the video work done here.  the vibe of the whole thing was excellent . hellish damned ish if you will.

just hope that others may follow using this kind of work flow. 

hope it doesn t demean the work done here.

comparatively speaking where can i find video  s that is qualitatively visually speaking on the same level?

why is the audio such an issue but not the use of the alien and facehugger? isnt that also the ip of disney / fox?

just love the possibilities that it represents.

SiL

Using an IP, and using AI to replicate a person's voice - with no mention of it - is not the same thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed