Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 732,185 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2024, 09:22:52 PMIt's upside down. Facehugger fell out.

But the movement. What organic life moved that awoke the facehugger?

"It was Burke! It was Burke." :D

SM

SM

No movement - just gravity.  It tried to hang on, but physics ultimately won.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2024, 10:47:30 PMNo movement - just gravity.  It tried to hang on, but physics ultimately won.

I meant eggs open to the presence of a viable host, not movement of synthetics or other things. So what prompted the facehugger to come out if everyone is motionless in cryo?

SM

SM

Micro changes in air density.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2024, 11:14:05 PMMicro changes in air density.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
That explains everything! XD

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

We're not sure it's the right explanation yet.

We're still collating.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Before Prometheus, Alien3 had plotholes that taunted fans. XD

Eal

Eal

A mutant strain of Cornbread accidentally left to petrify in Utility corridor A became an egg.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2024, 10:47:30 PMNo movement - just gravity.  It tried to hang on, but physics ultimately won.

I meant eggs open to the presence of a viable host, not movement of synthetics or other things. So what prompted the facehugger to come out if everyone is motionless in cryo?

[insert story between Aliens and Alien 3 that we haven't seen yet, that ends in having to use the Civilian cryobay] *Newt holding Ripley's hand walks on the floor grate above heading to their cryotubes... egg pulsates and opens slowly, two webbed feet slowly emerging* (Later when everyone is in hypersleep, we see the aftermath, an open empty egg as per the intro of Alien 3) - easy enough fix, it opened before they were in stasis. 😁

Neila

Neila

The egg on the sulaco was not laid by the queen like the other eggs and then taken to the spaceship, but rather the egg grew in the intermediate floor of the sulaco.
During the fight with Ripley, amniotic fluid from the queen's body leaked into the intermediate floor and the slanted egg developed from it while Ripley and Newt were already asleep.
The egg is a highly sensitive structure and, so to speak, "sensed" the unfamiliar surroundings and opened itself to let the hugger go and send it to work.
I firmly believe that's exactly how it was ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

:laugh:

SM

SM

Did I stutter?

Neila

Neila

Have any of these versions been officially confirmed?
In this case, everyone has to put together their own theory.
Personally, I like the version with the fruit liquid best.
If Bishop brought the egg aboard the Sulaco, he probably wouldn't have stuck it to the mesh floor but would have used another hiding place.
The other Hugger or Huggers may have been in the dropship when it was still on the planet.
In the case of A3 AC, I think it is also difficult to explain where the QueenHugger comes from.
In any case, the hugger on the Sulaco doesn't have webbed feet.

Rankles75

Rankles75

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

How in the world would Bishop have done it ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed