Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 89,529 times)

SM

SM

#60
Yep.  Canon doesn't necessarily mean quality.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Sep 21, 2019, 08:54:12 PMWe've seen no claim to the contrary

Fox basically never openly state what is and isn't considered canon on their part.


SM


Kailem

It's Schrodinger's Hicks; until you open that stasis pod and all possibilities collapse into one, he's both alive and dead depending on what you take as canon! :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

#64
Dead, any otherwise so far is just stupidity.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 22, 2019, 07:49:09 AM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Sep 21, 2019, 08:54:12 PMWe've seen no claim to the contrary

Fox basically never openly state what is and isn't considered canon on their part.


And yet countless debates crop up, when in essence Fox is saying "decide for yourself". :)



Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2019, 10:58:33 PM
Just let AvP be it's own thing that includes the films, games, comics, etc.
Nah.

The Old One

The Old One

#66
Yeah, actually.

SpaceKase

Multiverse theory, yo! There is no truly relevant archetype, there's only the statistically arisen consensus, and the audacious variations thereof.

SM

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 22, 2019, 01:12:09 PM
It's Schrodinger's Hicks; until you open that stasis pod and all possibilities collapse into one, he's both alive and dead depending on what you take as canon! :laugh:

Or Turk.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 22, 2019, 05:58:14 PM
Yeah, actually.
Counterpoint: Nah, I like my AvP, I don't need it to be separate. :)

razeak

AVP's problem has never been the concept. It's been the execution. Some of the negative quotes about the concept by the bigger names involved with the franchises always left me scratching my head.

SM

Not really.  'Versus' in a title is generally for a sporting contest and conjures up 1950s cheez.

Xenomrph

Yeah but it's just a title.

Voodoo Magic

^ This

But I don't think you necessarily need the characters in the title as long as it's marketed well ala Man Of Steel or The Dark Knight.  I'd be more than fine with a new AvP movie just titled "The Deadliest of Species", etc..

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 23, 2019, 04:45:24 PM
^ This

But I don't think you necessarily need the characters in the title as long as it's marketed well ala Man Of Steel or The Dark Knight.  I'd be more than fine with a new AvP movie just titled "The Deadliest of Species", etc..
That's actually a really novel idea.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed